TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The glass in my passenger side mirror cracked the other day on my 01. Is it possible to just get the glass part and replace it, or do I have to replace the whole mirror? I checked ebay but only found mirror assemblys for manual mirrors. Mine is an electric one. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try and find a local glass and mirror shop. I work for one in Va, and we replace the mirrors in cars and trucks all the time. I don't know about the Tacomas, but usually there is a plastic plate behind the mirror that it is stuck to with adhesive. We just pull the cracked mirror off that plate, and make a template, cut a new mirror, and replace with automotive adhesive.

Very inexpensive.

Call a local glass shop...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a toyota parts list for my 2001 it has : Glass , power mirror Right part Number 87931-35840 $33.61 ...... Hope this helps.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
01tacoboy said:
The glass in my passenger side mirror cracked the other day on my 01. Is it possible to just get the glass part and replace it, or do I have to replace the whole mirror? I checked ebay but only found mirror assemblys for manual mirrors. Mine is an electric one. Please help. Thanks.
yes, I had to replace mine after it lost a fight with a tree ;) Got it from Chris & Barb ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
just use a local glass shop. i have the non power mirrors and one day while sitting in hardees i saw a kid open his moms huge navigator car door into my mirror and crack it, then drive away. if you do get it at a glass shop make sure that they do not use the black silicone adhesive to secure it as i have heard that it will eat through the back of a mirror.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts