TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha gang,
I’m in the market for a new pistol. I’m looking at either the Sig P226/MK-25, Sig M11-A1, Beretta FS92/M9, or the S&W M&P. This would be my primary Home-Defense / Target pistol. I really like the MK-25, but I’m struggling justifying the $900 price tag vs. +/- $500 for the M&P & Beretta. Is the MK-25 that much better? Or does it just come down to Personal preference? Apples & Oranges?
Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'd go for the M&P. It's better than the Beretta in that it's striker fired so you have the same trigger pull every time vs a SA/DA. The other options are also proven to be more reliable than the M9. Sigs are good too, but unless cool factor is high on your list you're better off with the M&P due to value and reliability. The money you save from buying an M&P can be spent on a holster/belt and ammo.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Carry a Sig everyday. Hate it. Horrible trigger. Probably due to it being a DAK trigger. Heavy and overpriced pistol. M&P is a nice shooting gun. Really like the XD as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Seeing that I own one of each of these, Id deff go with the M&P by far the best deal, the sig is great, but expensive, the 92FS is heavy , well built but heavy.. the M&P is hands down the best deal, most comfortable and very very reliable!

Thats my .02$

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I have a FS M&P .45 and the M&P Shield in 9mm. love them both. I put an APEX trigger kit on the .45 and that made a huge improvement on the feel of the trigger pull. Never had any issues out of either gun and both are fun to shoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts