TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, finally finished my suspension setup and I wanted to thank everyone for their assistance and posts here! :woot:
I finally went with Saws 2.5s in front and Wheeler HD's in the back with bilsteins. Also because this is more of a farm truck than an off-roader I put the helper springs back on with the HD's. This setup raised the truck quite a bit! The ride is better than the TRD package ever was. I did have to upgrade the brake lines and use Axle shims to get everything working right, the cross camber won't come in but again that seems to be normal with these kinds of lifts.

All this info is why this forum was such a great help! I would of never figrued out all the issues without the posts found here.:dancing: :saw:

The truck now rides better than new! Since I'm completly out of $$$ and in credit card debt I won't be getting new tires and wheels for a while but I'll try to post pictures after I get new wheels maybe in the fall....

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the 5 leaf HD set. They are way better than stock even without the helper springs. With the helper springs it's a little bouncy but damn I cannot over load the truck anymore, the bed is too small to put enough weight to compress the springs to the point the stock would end up. This is what I was going for. I don't need wheel travel as much as hauling and stablity on dirt roads at speed. I do get better wheel travel but I doubt I'll use that as much as I needed the better spring rate and load capacity.
They are also a good size. I got about 2 inches of lift from them and after quite a few hauls of varous farm stuff I still have not settled too much from that original 2 inches. I was able to match the front with very little pre-load on the SAWs 2.5. The SAWs are great, so much better on dirt roads than the TRD package. Also I'll easily fit 32s when that time comes...

Be sure to be prepaired to need Axel Shims. My DS did have vibrations at around 15-30mph but after a 2* shim I'm at 100% no vibrations! Also longer brake lines are needed because at full extention the stock line got tight and just too close for my comfort I rather have the extra line than being taught at full extension.

My :2cents: is that the Wheeler HDs and SAWs combination is a great setup for my use which is hauling, towing and long dirt roads, washboard roads and just open fields...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I was planning on the stock height replacement springs from wheelers, would that still require the shims? I will pretty much have the same setup with SAW 2.0s in the front and the wheelers out back with 33x10.5s.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think the stock wheelers are minimal lift so probably wouldn't need a shim but I don't know how much over stock the stock wheelers (4 leafs) give anything from stock I'm thinking will give vibration.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
CONGRATS!
Now post up a pic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.