TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a single bar to replace the stock bumper. Where can I purchase one? I suppose this would be an easy fab I can do myself, but I dont have the time these days, id prefer to find one already made.

I am thinking of 1 single bar mounted right under the lights, flush up against the truck

Thanks

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Better to build one. I have no scanner to load my pics into yet, and they weren't on disk, but I built one for my truck that reinforced the front area to make the car in front of me my new crush zone!!! It wasn't that bad at all, except trying to radius bend the .120 wall 1-1/4 4130. TOUGH stuff.... No one makes a "real" bumper for cheap .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rojodiablo said:
Better to build one. I have no scanner to load my pics into yet, and they weren't on disk, but I built one for my truck that reinforced the front area to make the car in front of me my new crush zone!!! It wasn't that bad at all, except trying to radius bend the .120 wall 1-1/4 4130. TOUGH stuff.... No one makes a "real" bumper for cheap .
think ya could some how get me some pics?

im thinking of something similar to that...but w/o the top bar

I wonder if a muffler shop could fab up something for me? Just supply him with the metal.....btw, what material would be best to use? Steel?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
justinb said:
I am looking for a single bar to replace the stock bumper. Where can I purchase one? I suppose this would be an easy fab I can do myself, but I dont have the time these days, id prefer to find one already made.

I am thinking of 1 single bar mounted right under the lights, flush up against the truck

Thanks
I had this welded up for me. The support struts are 1.75" DOM tube, and the horizontal tube is 2" HREW steel that was ovalized in a brake. Time and materials ended up costing me ~270 USD. The "skid" is 1/8" aluminum, mainly designed to keep junk out of my rad. Bumper bolts to stock locations as well as a new crossmember that was welded between the frame rails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
mudferret
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing