TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
My kevlars are siped... I'm not impressed.

I guess it's not really a good review as I haven't run them unsiped to compare.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i had my KM2's siped at discount tire in junction, I had them sipe the center part of the treads only.

they seem pretty good but dont have much to compare them to. the tires are surprisingly good in the snow (i live in roaring fork valley) and i have not had any chunking issues on the siped sections, outside blocks are chewed up a bit from wheeling.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I hear its nice for winter daily driving, snow, ice.. I have km2 and thought about it, i read a bunch of reveiws, people seem to like better on road with siped! My only concern was chunking when offroad?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Has anyone ever had experience with siping tires? I was thinking about TSL's siped for better traction.
Where you having issues with traction? I don't think I've seen you spin a tire on the trail...mad grip.

Plus, the only real advantage is noticed in wet or icy conditions from the feedback I have heard.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where you having issues with traction? I don't think I've seen you spin a tire on the trail...mad grip.

Plus, the only real advantage is noticed in wet or icy conditions from the feedback I have heard.
The second obstacle on Holy Cross was giving me a hard time once my tires got wet. Being bias ply with big lugs, they may be a little stiff. I was thinking that maybe siping would give it a little more flex.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The second obstacle on Holy Cross was giving me a hard time once my tires got wet. Being bias ply with big lugs, they may be a little stiff. I was thinking that maybe siping would give it a little more flex.
I honestly doubt siping would help in this situation.

IMHO they'll just shred your tires quicker, have chucks o' tire falling off...

It's supposedly to reduce heat & provide more surface area, and thus providing better traction in wet & icy conditions.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I'd groove those over siping. My old mtrs were done and they chunk really bad! Traction on packed snow and the road was ok but my new set of old mtrs work way better.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts