TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Sirius radio for Christmas and Ive had it installed pretty quick after I got it.

Ive got most of the wires pretty well hidden so it looks good, but the power plug is just stickin out there with the wire dangling. Can anyone tell me how to hard-wire it into some kind of 12v source in the truck? Other than that, its a pretty clean install and Id like to get it finished.

And yes, before I get the obligatory "try the search function", Ive been tryin to search for it for a few months with no good results.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I just popped out my cig lighter and soildered the the wire to the ajoining wires on the back of the socket. ran the wires behind/under the dash and they are out of sight.

the cig lighter worked and everything (until I let a punk ass stupid fuck work on my head unit and he screwed something up with my wiring which also knocked out power to the cig lighter)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Bear said:
I just popped out my cig lighter and soildered the the wire to the ajoining wires on the back of the socket. ran the wires behind/under the dash and they are out of sight.
X2 - this is exactly what I did to hard-wire my Garmin GPS. Works great.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Run a wire to an open fuse in your fuse box and install a fuse? That way you don't over amp a wire/circuit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts