TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an early birthday/Christmas present from the wife, Sirius satellite radio, and trying to figure out where to put the antenna that it will work best. With all the plastic inside of vehicles these days, I know I'm pulling a panel somewhere but thought someone who has the radio might have a suggestion.
Thx.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
FreebirdAZ said:
Got an early birthday/Christmas present from the wife, Sirius satellite radio, and trying to figure out where to put the antenna that it will work best. With all the plastic inside of vehicles these days, I know I'm pulling a panel somewhere but thought someone who has the radio might have a suggestion.
Thx.
When I installed my first XM antenna I ran it through the third brake light. It was a real pain in the ass, but looked pretty clean. A body shop chopped the coax doing some repairs, and I didn't feel like messing with the third brake light again. Now I have an XM and a Sirius antenna stuck to the roof on the driver's side with the coax dangling through the xtra cab window. LOL!

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
I placed mine on the roof centered on the third brake light. I ran the wire down through the third brake light, above the headliner, under the side panel and out under the drivers seat where my receiver is mounted. Came out really nice, the only hard part was to push the headliner foreward to access the third brake light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
3rd brake light as well. Be careful not to bend your headliner though, it can leave creases. Good luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mechanicman said:
I placed mine on the roof centered on the third brake light. I ran the wire down through the third brake light, above the headliner, under the side panel and out under the drivers seat where my receiver is mounted. Came out really nice, the only hard part was to push the headliner foreward to access the third brake light.
The third brake light worked like a charm. Didn't even make a mess of the headliner.
Thanks.

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
generalee7 said:
When I had Sirius in my truck for Rubicon, I stuck the antenna through the sunroof. But, not many people can do that :lmao: Sorry.. :p
From what I heard that wasn't the only thing you stuck through the sunroof!!! :D

·
Dean
2,585 Posts
FreebirdAZ said:
Thx.
ran mine throught the sunroof....if you got one it works great!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tacodab said:
ran mine throught the sunroof....if you got one it works great!
No, no sunroof. Put through the back window at first to test it and finally through the third brake light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
4xClover
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing