TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
So I got tired of my sissy tacoma horn... I ordered a 152 Decibal Train horn kit. God this is going to get me in trouble... :D
Edited... Its on. Heres the pics...
Horn from side between body and frame rail shot...

Horn from under bed..

Tank power on switch, little red button for horn

The tank on top of my sub box...

·
Tacoma-dana 44
383 Posts
Blitanicle99 said:
So I got tired of my sissy tacoma horn... I ordered a 152 Decibal Train horn kit. God this is going to get me in trouble... :D

Rick... Whats the rule on these things...? And how much trouble will I get in legally... Just wanted to know before.
Thanks
Do you have a plan for mounting it? Also, do you have a high volume-pressure OBA?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tank will most likely go under my toolbox or under my bed. Horns I want inside my ARB or under my frame tucked and protected. And yes it comes with a nice heavy duty valve. I upgraded to a 3/8 valve while I was at it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Blitanicle99 said:

Rick... Whats the rule on these things...? And how much trouble will I get in legally... Just wanted to know before.
Thanks
I'll have to do some research in the code book and get back to you on it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rick, as always... you the man. I tried looking it up but could find nothing. I am sure theres some ticket for using it on public property within some certain distance of something or other.

And as a side note, I realize this may but somewhat immature to irritate the public and/or scare the living hell out of some people. However, its not like I am out shooting people and whatnot. (Just for the flamers.. lol) ;)

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I'm sure you would get a sound violation for exceeding a db amount as train horns range from 120 dbs to 160 dbs. Travis use a CO2 with a large expansion tank that is what my buddy has on his 162lbs ship horns. They shake glass but they are awesome for people that cut you off.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something like that. And yes people cutting me off will get their shit rocked.
I bought a complete kit that claims to be 152 Decibal. It comes with a 3 liter tank with a pump that pumps 120 psi. I wish I could afford that much C02... and ship horns? How big are those suckers?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
They are big enough to take up half the under side of his bed. They are set at 150 Psi let off.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
ATLRoach said:
They are big enough to take up half the under side of his bed. They are set at 150 Psi let off.
Holy crap! :eek: Y'all have lived in the 'evil city' too long! My friends in Hiawassee GA could hear that thing from NC! He's gona give someone a heart attack!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably so, but then again people shouldnt lock up their brakes in front of me.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
crawlrunner said:
Holy crap! :eek: Y'all have lived in the 'evil city' too long! My friends in Hiawassee GA could hear that thing from NC! He's gona give someone a heart attack!
Well Ed, its only fair, I can hear your obscure artist music from here. ;)

·
Registered
823 Posts
I take it you guys have seen the videos of the guy with the train horns in their car? They ride around and honk it at people coming out of stores and whatnot.. and some people on the side of the road.

My brother picked up a cheap horn from AutoZone that was supposed to be a 110db... but that thing was weak. Still sounded like a sissy horn.. but it was for his wifes mustang that had the horn stop working on it so no big deal.

Those kits I seen from the people mentioned above for a couple hundred bucks.. is this the same thing you got?

-edit- Do the 2000 year 4Runners have the same sissy horns? My old 2000 Tacoma had one I remember that... Glad they changed them!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I know my 99 has a sissy horn. I am just going to upgrade to hella airhorns or something eventually.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
jwbehm said:
I know my 99 has a sissy horn. I am just going to upgrade to hella airhorns or something eventually.
ya same,i hate my horn makes me sound :xrainbow: ya know

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
194 bucks shipped.

·
Registered
489 Posts
194 bucks isnt too bad. let us know how they sound. was it complete or are you adding this onto some existing OBA? i'd love some train horns or truck horns to replace my stupid sissy horn, but i cant afford it!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was a complete kit with literaly everything for 194. It may be off ebay but its an actuall company so Im not worried about it. Also yes ill def post a video of the cannon when I am done... Its going on the day it comes in. I cannot wait for the fun to begin.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw that. I watched alot of videos yesterday trying to get ideas where to mount it. If you can mount on in a civic and hide it, you can mount one in a 4x4 truck.
And one day I gotta upgrade to the ferry horns...
clicky for video

·
Registered
489 Posts
whats the status on these horns? i want some sound clippage!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts