TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a full set of stronger aftermarket skid plates for my 02 Tacoma. Does anyone know of a dealer in the Denver or CO Springs area? I would prefer to buy localing instead of ordering them and paying a bunch of money on shipping. The ones I was looking at online were BudBuilt and Skid Row. I have heard the Skid Row ones are a little stronger due to some additional reinforcement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
7,735 Posts
I have a set from my 02 I need to sell. They aint new, but they've been trail tested. I've reinforced mine and they've held up to my kind of abuse. The rear cross member won't do you any good however. I had to notch them for the way I mounted my sliders and it's welded in, so I' have to cut it out, there won't be much after I'm done, but I bet you could pick up a new one for cheap.

The front skid:

The reinforcement I added to the top of the belly skid. The bottom of the belly skid looks similar to the front skid.

Despite the surface rust, these are good to go. If I wheeled my 02 anymore, I'd bolt them up and wouldn't think twice if I were to slip off a rock and land the weight of the truck on them.

·
7,735 Posts
Tell you what, I'm headed to KOH in a couple of days, I'll check when I return and see if the OP wants them or not. I'm leaning towards $300 (500-ish new before shipping) for the set, but open to offers. We can take that up via PM tho.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell you what, I'm headed to KOH in a couple of days, I'll check when I return and see if the OP wants them or not. I'm leaning towards $300 (500-ish new before shipping) for the set, but open to offers. We can take that up via PM tho.
If you can sell them to another member, go ahead. I am thinking about building some of my own skids at this time. We will see if time permits before spring!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts