TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put a skid plate on my truck, but they don't make a TTORA one that will fit with a 3" lift. Does anybody know where to get one that will fit with a 3" lift? Also I don't know how they attach or anything, but if they attach to the diff, I also have the diff drop kit, so if that makes a difference please tell me so.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I'm unclear as to why a skid plate wont fit with a lift. You're talking about replacing the stock skd plate underneath, right? When you say diff drop kit do you mean the spacers or the replacement?

Mine attaches to a tube frame and that attaches to the differential bolts. The skid also attaches to the bolts that hold on my tow hooks as well.

I removed my diff drop spacers, since it made no difference at all, so my front skid wouldn't need any "adjustemts".

Mine was made by Demello Offroad and I have 2.5" of front suspension lift and a 1" body lift.

The aluminum plate is part of the front bumper to protect the radiator, not part of the skid plate I'm talking about.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
M3Man02 said:
I would like to put a skid plate on my truck, but they don't make a TTORA one that will fit with a 3" lift. Does anybody know where to get one that will fit with a 3" lift? Also I don't know how they attach or anything, but if they attach to the diff, I also have the diff drop kit, so if that makes a difference please tell me so.
http://www.dmiskidplates.com/ stainless steel skids

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacoma mods/newfrontskidplate/2ndtryskid/frontskid.htm (write-up)

another, 'get rid of the diff-drop kit' vote

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
M3Man02 said:
For the purpose of skidplates, your truck is still "stock" (I recall you're going with a spacer lift) You may run into fitment issues as Chris alluded to, however, with the diff drop.

The TTORA skids for 4" of lift are designed for the PC drop bracket lift which completely changes the underbelly of the front end, making the stockers useless.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
mudferret said:
For the purpose of skidplates, your truck is still "stock" (I recall you're going with a spacer lift) You may run into fitment issues as Chris alluded to, however, with the diff drop.

The TTORA skids for 4" of lift are designed for the PC drop bracket lift which completely changes the underbelly of the front end, making the stockers useless.
DMI makes skids for stock or 'drop-bracket' lifts and can do custom as well.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hytenor,

Thanks for posting your hard work and taking the time to post your pics.

What guage sheet metal did you use to fabricate your bottom or lower skidplate? I may go a similar route.

Wally

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I may have used the wrong terminology. I just want the metal plate that you see in the front that says TTORA on it. I don't want all the underneath stuff. Here is a pic of what i'm looking for. OH and it doesn't have to say TTORA on it. The reason I asked this was because i went to the estore of this site, and they said they had some for trucks with 4" lifts, and 6" lifts but nothing for 3". Once again here is a pic of what im looking for.

·
Registered
165 Posts
you just need one for a stock setup. your spacer lift doesnt change the bolt points of the skid plate like a 4",5",6" bracket lift would. DMI skidplates sells the one you need - Stock replacement front skid plate ~ $295.00

·
Registered
662 Posts
M3Man02 said:
I think I may have used the wrong terminology. I just want the metal plate that you see in the front that says TTORA on it. I don't want all the underneath stuff. Here is a pic of what i'm looking for. OH and it doesn't have to say TTORA on it. The reason I asked this was because i went to the estore of this site, and they said they had some for trucks with 4" lifts, and 6" lifts but nothing for 3". Once again here is a pic of what im looking for.

Liek everyone else has said, any stock skid plate will work, or the DMI stock replacement, but he posted about a week ago saying he was no longer making them.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
4TACXOMA4 said:
but he posted about a week ago saying he was no longer making them.
really? well, that sucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing