TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skid plates

Does anyone make skid plates that mount to the stock skid plate location?

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
SCEXPLORER said:
Does anyone make skid plates that mount to the stock skid plate location?
yes

·
Registered
186 Posts
nice elaboration

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I checked on his website but didn't see any for our year only the FJs. I think he's making them but haven't seen anyone with them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I called him last week and he said he is getting close to starting production. Pretty much the same thing he has been saying for the last few months.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i bet if there was more intrest in them, he would get it done quicker. everyone that wants one should call.

·
Registered
84 Posts
phatman said:
i bet if there was more intrest in them, he would get it done quicker. everyone that wants one should call.
I'm in desperate need of skids as well for my 06 Tacoma. Maybe if we start sending emails it would spped up the project:

[email protected]

·
Registered
275 Posts
yea im sure thats exactly what he needs.. they are quality skids though.. ive seen em in person.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
eNnihilate said:
nice elaboration
thank you ;)

I think Demello and Budbuilt are the only two who either have them or are getting them into their product line for the '05+ Tacos and FJCs so far.

other than that it's been custom fabbing which isn't a bad way to go. If you don't have the tools/skils to make one yourself I would start calling local fab shops and get some estimates. Find some that have big metal 'brakes' and benders as they will be the best equiped to make them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's coming in 2 weeks!!!

I emailed Bud and here's his reply....

"Will have them ready in about 2 weeks! :)
They are the same as the 4x4 ones on the pre runners.
Should be about the same style as the FJCruiser ones on our site. The front
plate may be a bit more $ but we are trying to do it for the same.
Thanks!
Bud"

So in two weeks!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's the same reply I got about six months ago.

·
Registered
229 Posts
tcummings said:
That's the same reply I got about six months ago.

X2!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
hytenor said:
consider yourself lucky
Lucky because a business owner responed to an email from a prospective customer?

I assume you must not own your own business with that comment.

·
Registered
229 Posts
tcummings said:
Those of us who do run a business understand that three things set you apart from your competition:
1. Top notch products/services
2. Solid financial management
3. Excellent customer service

All three must be in sync or you are just disabling your business.

Agreed - except you forgot the most important. A solid business model.

Still the question is - why were you said to have been "lucky" to have recieved an email response (good customer service - although bad ETA quote)?? - hytenor must be smokin some of that norcal tweed :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
True. At the end of the day, I just want some good skid plates to protect me on my trips. Once my plates are done I'll post up some pics.

No comment on the norcal tweed. :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
tcummings said:
True. At the end of the day, I just want some good skid plates to protect me on my trips. Once my plates are done I'll post up some pics.

No comment on the norcal tweed. :D
I definitly agree with you on that!

I was not trying to bash bud or hytenor - i think I/we just took his comment out of context.

Lets just hope they skids will be available soon :)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Aftermarket Parts Vendors

tcummings said:
Those of us who do run a business understand that three things set you apart from your competition:
1. Top notch products/services
2. Solid financial management
3. Excellent customer service

All three must be in sync or you are just disabling your business.
From my truck buildup I have dealt with a lot of different companies selling a variety of products. The aftermarket parts world is not like a traditional business. Most guys start these offroad shops because they love 4x4s, not because they are interested im becoming rich. Its not always as smooth and perfect like a big chain retailer, but they churn out custom products with their own ideas and limited R&D budget. I for one am thankful that there are guys like Bud and Jason Demello and Donahoe etc. churning out the parts for my Tacoma. There are always a few bad apples to compare all these good guys too but for the most part these guys do more with less. This is not wallstreet these guys are wheelers, just like you and me. I guess if your not willing to wait for these products to be developed and tested then leave your truck with 30" tires and stay off the dirt. :D

1 - 20 of 130 Posts