TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and found nothing, I've browsed through the late model section and sponser section to see if any one has posted using aftermarket skid plates. And found nothing. Now I'm sure someone will find one and point it out to me. Please Do.

If not, Are there any sponsers making a skid plate for the 2005+?
I want one to extend back to the rear of the transfer case.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Contact Bud Built, he is a sponsor on this sight. He will have them ready for sale by early next week and his stuff looks quality. If you call him, he will put you on his list to receive a set. His websight is www.budbuilt.com

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
TacomaHarry said:
I've searched and found nothing, I've browsed through the late model section and sponser section to see if any one has posted using aftermarket skid plates. And found nothing. Now I'm sure someone will find one and point it out to me. Please Do.

If not, Are there any sponsers making a skid plate for the 2005+?
I want one to extend back to the rear of the transfer case.
We will be test fitting some skid plates this week, like those we offer for the FJ Cruisers:

http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=93

We'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
639 Posts
allpro said:
We will be test fitting some skid plates this week, like those we offer for the FJ Cruisers:

http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=93

We'll keep you posted.
If you want a test truck, I'll be happy to supply one. :D When will they be ready for sale, and idea? I am having a Ford 9" rear end put in right now, and would like to do some more mods while it's out of commission. Thanks for any info. and also for the 4.56 gears for the front that MIT should be ordering from you.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
cell4soul said:
If you want a test truck, I'll be happy to supply one. :D When will they be ready for sale, and idea? I am having a Ford 9" rear end put in right now, and would like to do some more mods while it's out of commission. Thanks for any info. and also for the 4.56 gears for the front that MIT should be ordering from you.
It is now going to be next week until we get the skid plates in. We've put them on an 03 4Runner and the FJ Cruisers, but we still need to test fit on my 05 Tacoma. They all have very similar front ends.

I'm jealous your truck is getting re-geared! I haven't even got mine done yet!

·
Registered
639 Posts
allpro said:
It is now going to be next week until we get the skid plates in. We've put them on an 03 4Runner and the FJ Cruisers, but we still need to test fit on my 05 Tacoma. They all have very similar front ends.

I'm jealous your truck is getting re-geared! I haven't even got mine done yet!
Thanks, my truck is down for 2-3 weeks while they custom build 35 spline axle shafts with outers to fit my stock hubs to go with the Ford 9", so the timing might just work out. I'd rather deal with you locally than Budbuilt on the east coast.....Bud Built has some nice stuff but so do you and you are in my neck of the woods so no shipping cost. Thanks again.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts