TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those who didn't see/read the steamboat thread, I have access to two corporate passes for Loveland this year. I can get them once a week, to take people riding (i already have a pass). If anyone wants to go ride, let me know a date, I'll see what I can do. They are at the brewery now and available.

Couple of things- They can be hard to check out due to certain fuckwad cheapskates wanting to use them as their own personal passes, so notice of a week or two greatly enhances your chances. And if I already checked them out that week yer SOL. Yer also SOL if you want them anytime between christmas and New Years, but you don't want to be there then anyway, trust me.

That being said, there are a fair number of days when they are not checked out so you never know. Feel free to ask, I'm always down to go ride with people. (Unless you're better than me- then you have to buy me shots to assuage my ego:xcrybaby:) I ride mostly weekdays, but I'm cool to go weekends if someone else drives. I can't stand traffic, but I don't mind drinking while somebody else drives:D.

Anyways, post up or PM me if you wanna go. There are only a few runs open right now, but the snow is coming, and maching groomers is kinda fun too. Snowing at my house right now, actually.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Hmmm.... I'll ski with ya. Maybe later this year though. This early in the season I get bored quickly, and often resort to skiing backwards to entertain myself, which is never good, because then I look like a stupid park rat... I would offer up some comp passes to Winter Park in return, but I don't get those anymore since I tore my ACL last year... :( But this is my first season on my new ACL! Skiing without one is a bitch and a half! :)

It disappoints me that Loveland doesn't have this, though:

The only good thing is that nobody at Loveland can ski bumps worth a shit. So on the few bump runs they do have, I can come hauling ass in, jump the ledge, land half way down the run, bash 6 bumps without my upper body even moving, then land back on the groomer and keep going like nothing happened. And people FLIP when they see this...works every time. They're just not used to seeing that. At Mary Jane that's what everybody does...except the mogul sections are way longer, so its tough to be as smooth about it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah, but do you have slow lifts, wicked cold, 75mph winds, and some of the best frickin pow you've ever seen? No wait, scratch that last part....

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
hauling ass in, jump the ledge, land half way down the run, bash 6 bumps without my upper body even moving, then land back on the groomer and keep going like nothing happened.
Do that on a snowboard and I will be impressed ;). This is why I don't ride MJ and probably never will...bumps on a snowboard are like turbulence in an aircraft.

ah, but do you have slow lifts, wicked cold, 75mph winds, and some of the best frickin pow you've ever seen? No wait, scratch that last part....
You are SO making me want to go :lmao:.

I'll shoot you a PM...

Oh yeah...anybody got a CO pass or Summit pass?

-Sean

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Are the passes hard to get on the weekend? Cuz Troy has a hell of a time going during the week is all.....

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the passes hard to get on the weekend?
It all depends. Like I said, if I have a week or so notice I can probably get them no problem. Just gotta let me know.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Oh yeah...anybody got a CO pass or Summit pass?

-Sean
Working on getting one.

Keystone is the place to go for me.

But a free day at loveland is better than nothing LOL.

I'd be interested in going, will have to get back to you with a good date once the season actually gets into the swing of things.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Do that :D. You getting a CO or a Summit?

About damn time for some weeknight lights :xozzy:. It's easier when you got a car full of people to bring down the fuel cost.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Hell, I don't have that much experience on skis but I have fun. And unfortunately my weekdays are free at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts