TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT 3/31/08: Ok so I think we my be able to do this as long as we don't have a drunken ass hat ahead of us. Let say meet at the Conoco off Morrison Rd and E470 (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=8721033319993153450,39.652789,-105.183363&saddr=&daddr=39.652623,-105.183406&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=15&sll=39.652623,-105.176067&sspn=0.030729,0.035791&ie=UTF8&t=p&z=15) at 9:30am. You should bring a tow strap(winch if you have one), shovel, and chains if you have them. If you guys can think of anything else that may be needed please let me know. There will be some snow bashing to do.

Tow strap(s), winch(es), shovel(s), chains x2;

Tow points front and rear should be required; water proof boots, gaiters recommended, and several layers of clothing: we went through sunshine, clouds, snow, almost sleet and wind. Always nice to have a spare set of clothing and shoes after you get soaked as well.

Have fun!
As Eric has stated Tow points front and rear will be required. The rest is optional but will make life easier for everyone. I am looking at chains for my self just for this run.

EDIT: SLAUGHTER HOUSE GUILCH APRIL 5TH IF PASSABLE. OTHERWISE WE WILL RESCHEDULE FOR A LATER DATE. ONCE WE GET CLOSER I WILL POST OF LIST OF ITEMS THAT WE MAY NEED TO BRING.

Hey guys. 3-4 of us at my work are looking at running Slaughter House Gulch sometime in April. So I figured I would post here to see who all may want to go. Let me know.

People Coming
hanksyota
Quick Draw
spindleshanks
FattyB
poorboyota26
mrdoug - Doug
Toyota700 - Dan

Maybe
fjcruzer - Eric
ike
march2304
Lysmachia - Molly

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking the weekend of the 5th but not sure witch day yet. Also I have never been to this trail yet so I could use some help planing if any one wants to chip in.

·
Registered
898 Posts
what kind of help do you need? the trail is up 285 to pine, then CR 43 for a ways. id have to get the directions from trail damage. but depending on where everyone is coming from we could meet in morrison or conifer or something along those lines. or wherever. the trails is fun, stock capable for sure. stay out of the mud, and camp there if you want. a little chilly, but great places to camp.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are all coming from denver. Have directions up on google maps right now and thinking Conifer as a meet place unless people want to meet of off 470 and 285 for a Caravan up

·
Registered
898 Posts
sweet. it may be really snowy still.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Do you have a date in mind?

I grew up in Bailey, and know that trail better than the back of my hand. I'd love to come along. But I can only do the first weekend (provided Chinamans doesn't get post poned), or the 19th/20th. However, certainly don't base plans around me. If others need it on a weekend I'm not around, not a big deal at all.

What sort of help did you need?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ether the 5th or 6th of April

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just let me now witch day is best for everyone

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
hELL i'LL GO SNOW BASH, BECAUSE WITHT HE SNOW THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING IT IS GONNA BE A WINCH FEST. i'LL BET A CASE OF BEER OJN THAT ;)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hELL i'LL GO SNOW BASH, BECAUSE WITHT HE SNOW THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING IT IS GONNA BE A WINCH FEST. i'LL BET A CASE OF BEER OJN THAT ;)
:rofl: LMFAO, well hopefully that will not happen and we can have allot of fun. :xozzy:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts

Molly, that post appears to be under the influence of alcohol. :cool:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
No more like fat fingering it... I do that way too often! LMAO

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
About this Discussion
144 Replies
19 Participants
Taco_Man
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing