TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Man I know I am a newbie but isn't that first pic right above your post a nice pose? I sure think it is!
I'll post some pics tomorrow also, no idea if they are good or not.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Wow, nice turnout! I count 10 trucks in that pic.

Can't wait to see everyone pics. Anything to report, or just a nice clean run?

·
Registered
434 Posts
My mudflaps took a beating! But nothing broke, that I know of. I scraped up the right side of my truck, meh. Those stupid mudflaps need to go tho. I kept hoping a rock would solve the problem for me :D It was a great run tho, I didn't take any pics but if anyone needs me to host 'em I'm fine with that. I'd imagine most of you guys have some sort of an image hosting acct tho. Anybody get my front skid digging into the whoops? I think Gerdo got a good shot... I wanna see 'em all! Thanks YanMan for "organizing" the meet :p

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I thought there were 11 rigs. Great job putting this together YanMan. If troy hasn;t left for Hungary today I am sure we would have been there! Can't wait to see more pics for sure!

So I assume Slaughterhouse gate was open?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Gate was opened a day before we did this run, the gate to the mud pits is still closed. All in all it was a fun day, weather was nice up there. It was great meeting everybody, thanks yanman for setting it up!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, nice turnout! I count 10 trucks in that pic.

Can't wait to see everyone pics. Anything to report, or just a nice clean run?
Well I know I left with some more rock rash on my skids and sliders, TacoBlanca97 got up close and personal with a tree, and as Arrrghhh said he worked those mudflaps.

Anyone else have any damage reports?

Glad everyone had fun! :D

It was my pleasure setting it up, and I'm glad it went well.

If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll see about setting up another stocker run next month!

And there will be a good chance that I'll be taking my '88 out on its maiden voyage.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Haha...that maiden voyage was a good time with Doris...

Hope your '88's voyage goes well!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I dont have any damage but I talked to my friend and I am proably going to install an ARB locker this summer. :) More runs this summer will be awesome.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have any damage but I talked to my friend and I am proably going to install an ARB locker this summer. :) More runs this summer will be awesome.
Don't forget to save some dough for some armor too.

I would get armor before getting a locker, but thats just my :2cents:.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Blanca has a nice imprint of his grill guard in his fender around the corner light from his encounter with the tree. And I found out that the way the OME leaf springs flex is causing the tire to grab the front of the rear flare and starting to rip some of it at the bottom. Need to figure out how to fix that. And it's probably going to be worse if/when I put the 285's on. Hopefully the FJ80 rims will help with that with the backspacing.

And I'll try and get the few photos I took up here in the next few days.

·
7,735 Posts
It's not just the OME (Dakar) springs, mine do that as well. It's just how they flex. The tire grabs those trim screws and pulls them down/out, which makes the top forward portion of the rear fender bend into the wheel well. I plan on moving to flush mount trim screws (based on suggestion from Ike) that will help a little.

If you want to go to larger tires, get ready to :saw:

EDIT: wait a sec, does this actually mean you went on a run? any photographic evidence? you know you'll need it when this year's lame duck award nominees are announced.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It's not just the OME (Dakar) springs, mine do that as well. It's just how they flex. The tire grabs those trim screws and pulls them down/out, which makes the top forward portion of the rear fender bend into the wheel well. I plan on moving to flush mount trim screws (based on suggestion from Ike) that will help a little.

If you want to go to larger tires, get ready to :saw:

EDIT: wait a sec, does this actually mean you went on a run? any photographic evidence? you know you'll need it when this year's lame duck award nominees are announced.
May want to get a refund on that eye surgery Doug, second truck in the third pic posted up towards the top. :xmoon:

And its not grabbing screws, it grabbing the plastic of the fender flare. And I did have a bit of that happening with the stock leaf springs with the AAL, just now the OME's are making it worse.

Oh, and you still want those smoking chips?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts