TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, this has been done numerous times, but I'm still posting my build.

I went with a hybrid format of square and round tube. For the Legs and main rails I used 1.75" .120 square tubing, for the brackets I used 1/4 inch flat stock, all round tubing is 1.5" .120 HREW. Finished with flat black rustoleum. And they are bolted on with 1/2 inch grade eight hardware. I mounted them with the square rail centered beneath the pinch weld. They sit about 1/2 inch below for flex. The outer rail comes off the square tube at about a 22 degree angle, running roughly parralell to the rocker panel. It leaves about an inch of clearance for the doors.

A fellow TTORA Member (Bobbybouche) did most of the welding for me and taught me a bit in the process. I did the cutting, designing, and fitting. There are a few things I would do differently, but overall I'm very pleased. We initiated the endeavour back in October, but do to schedules we did not get to complete them until late January. Put the floor jack under them the other day and lifted the drivers side off the floor with no flex.

:welder: :saw:

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Any reason why you didn't spread the out-riggers further apart?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
freejake3 said:
Any reason why you didn't spread the out-riggers further apart?
Looks like a bolt on set of sliders and he is probably using the existing holes in the frame to bolt them up.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Right on. Has anyone had problems with that section (where there is no outrigger) cavitating due to the absence of structural support. Just wondering. I know with my weld-on sliders there have been times I have come down on that area directly.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I only have 3 outriggers...

Personally, I would have lined up the spacers directly to the outriggers and added some. Even if they aren't equally spaced, so what...

I think on mine, the front two openings are larger than the rear 3. There are a total of 5 spacers.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
knoxtaco said:
Looks like a bolt on set of sliders and he is probably using the existing holes in the frame to bolt them up.

That's it exactly. Had to drill one for the forward legs, but that's all.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Looks like some nice fab work. Now come do a set for me, so I don't have to get off my lazy ass and do my own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts