TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, My wife got me a Hi-Lift for christmas, and I have since realized that without modification, a tacoma has no "good" lift points so....darn the luck...I need some sliders for this and other obvious reasons. I went to a local welding shop to get a quote to have them weld the bars on (I am looking at Demello) and they had a million questions as to what kinds of welds I wanted, would they need gussets, and what sort of rust-proofing would go on the frame after the weld..etc...I am not a welder, and no NOTHING about it so some advice would be great...thanks.
Doug

Oh, they said about $120 as long as nothing "fancy" was required...is this reasonable, or should I just get the bolt ons? :welder:

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
I don't know a ton about welding, but $120 seems pretty steep. Had mine done for $50. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Had mine done for $40 took them about 1 hour exactly. They didn't ask me anything just acted like they knew what they were doing which is good.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I charge $50 for instalation of mine, anything over $75 is too much, shouldn't take more than an hour and a half, for most brands.:welder:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
find someone in your chapter that can weld, if you were in bama i would do it for free :D also if you want to start welding buy a welder, throw a couple peices of steel down and start practicing, then weld the sliders on :cool:

·
Registered
843 Posts
im in bama and im thinking about getting some sliders, you know anyone that builds them;

hey are you going on the c.a.o.s. run on sat. new years day in gardondale i am,

i saw your truck at grey rock but i was in a jeep, my tacoma is ready now so ill be in it

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
alabamatacomaguy said:
im in bama and im thinking about getting some sliders, you know anyone that builds them;

i saw your truck at grey rock but i was in a jeep, my tacoma is ready now so ill be in it
We build them:) www.demello-offroad.com

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
dougtrd said:
Hello folks, My wife got me a Hi-Lift for christmas, and I have since realized that without modification, a tacoma has no "good" lift points so....darn the luck...I need some sliders for this and other obvious reasons. I went to a local welding shop to get a quote to have them weld the bars on (I am looking at Demello) and they had a million questions as to what kinds of welds I wanted, would they need gussets, and what sort of rust-proofing would go on the frame after the weld..etc...I am not a welder, and no NOTHING about it so some advice would be great...thanks.
Doug

Oh, they said about $120 as long as nothing "fancy" was required...is this reasonable, or should I just get the bolt ons? :welder:
We charge 100.00 -150.00 but our overhead is much higher then other shops back east and you should be paying around 50-75 for a good weld job.

Ours do come with gussest and are ready to weld on minus grinding. It takes us anywhere between 1hour-2hours. We do a really good tho making sure we get all the sides welded and that they are on straight we also paint the frame afterwards with a couple coats of spray paint.

Anymore questions please let me know.

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
208 Posts
I can vouch for the excellent :welder: work Demello does. Well worth the $$$. The welds on my sliders are tight and very complete. I don't ever expect any problems.

It took all of 2 hours ish for them to do their stuff. My situation was a bit different putting on used sliders, but John worked non-stop until he was done.

They even shot some nice black Krylon on there before I drove off.... :D Still need to get those suckers painted.

Jody.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
alabamatacomaguy said:

I know a guy in Tuscaloosa that may be willing to make some for you. He made mine and another member's. They're similar to the Stubbs Welding "deluxe" sliders, or DeMello's hybrid sliders. Square tube base with angled round tube outer section. If you're interested, send me a private message, and I can ask him if he's willing to make another set.

·
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool, I will probably wait til Feb to put on BL, the order the sliders...I found another shop that will do it for $30 per side, and I am going to check with the NM chapter to see about gettin some help with this and other projects...

Doug

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
alabamatacomaguy said:

yeah ill be at the ride, as far as the sliders lots of people make them, i have the ability to make them but have been busy at the shop setting up 2 front ends with dana 60's and starting the design process on my exo/flatbed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
zszac111
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing