i was confused at first, throught it was a mistake

"Dual Rear Roll Bar Grab Handle 1987-06 Jeep Wrangler"

nice

Austin

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Animal said:
What's the weight limit on those suckers?
If it's good quality webbing I wouldn't suspect a problem, but with the suns rays, I would imagine it wouldn't last long at all...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Animal said:
What's the weight limit on those suckers?
I'm pretty light and so is my girlfriend, under 200... the weak point is the Velcro, but I would imagine if you screwed or bolted it to the slider you wouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
this is a stupid Idea , why not just step on the slider with some grip tape on it. Unless you have 8+ inches of lifted and over 35's, in witch case why not just weld a "U" shape piece of chain to the bottom of the slider?

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
this is a stupid Idea , why not just step on the slider with some grip tape on it. Unless you have 8+ inches of lifted and over 35's, in witch case why not just weld a "U" shape piece of chain to the bottom of the slider?
Grip tape yanks your leg haid, and you get a mouthful when it scratches your gf.

I used Anti-Slip spray paint. Doesn't peel, grippy enough where you don't slip, but doesn'[t yank your leghairs.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Personaly its all pretty stupid aside from grip tape and anti-slip products.

I personally use Grip tape on the inner tube of my sliders, it works great. I wouldn't use it on the outer tube as it tends to tear up legs and clothes. (As NorcalPR stated)

Velcro/screw a grab handle to your sliders. That seems pretty stupid. I can see the velro or webbing rip off, your knee or worse chin go directly onto the slider. Remeber... its a grab handle probably not rated to handle a persons weight on it.

Yeah.. lets weld some chain to the sliders, so it can get hung up and probably get you stuck, let alone rip up the trail more than it needs to be. Not only that, but it will look like crap.

Hell my 85 has ~4-5" of lift, 37's and my girlfriend and myself are 5' 4" and 5' 7" respectively. Stop eating so much crap, exercise and you'll be able to get into the rig with little trouble.

If you need a step to get into your rig because you are very vertically challanged or your significant other can't get in for other reasons. Make something that doesn't hurt your rig off road and doesn't look like complete ass.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Well said. Couldn't have said it any better.

My girlfriend complained the truck was too high when we first started dating. She's only 5' tall and 90 pounds, and the truck only has a 3" lift.

She learned to either jump into the cab, or get a leg way up there onto the slider, reach for the oshit handle and pull herself up...

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
bah! you kids are spoiled by being able to leap into your lifted truck.what about us oldtimers?im going to need a step.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Check out Todd's (PappaF2?), his is slick as shit; safe and easily removable.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
My girlfriend complained the truck was too high when we first started dating. She's only 5' tall and 90 pounds, and the truck only has a 3" lift.

She learned to either jump into the cab, or get a leg way up there onto the slider, reach for the oshit handle and pull herself up...
Purdy much!

Hell now, my girlfriend often steals the truck when we are on the trail.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Purdy much!

Hell now, my girlfriend often steals the truck when we are on the trail.
At least she goes on the trail. Mine busts a nut when the truck gets a little tipsy on the road

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
my gf wont ride with me, ever.. if we go somewhere together she drives... haha, at least it isnt my gas

as for the velcor, i wouldnt trust that...... body weight is not something i would trust a little piece of velcro too......

our tugs at work have grip paint.... that stuff is awesome..... it comes off after repeated wear, but the tugs are exposed to the elements 24/7 @ the airport... the only time they arent outside is if we drive through the building (maybe only like 30 seconds @ a time) or the tug is in the shop

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Yeah screw shiat hanging off the sliders...

Dude... man up a little and help yer lady into the truck...

Always a good time to cop a feel... :p
Yep. Had to do that one night my lady was a little tipsy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My wife is 4'10 and whenever she has a longer dress on, I pick her up and put her in the Taco--stock TRD height. Otherwise, she has no problems getting in and out.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Yep. Had to do that one night my lady was a little tipsy.
You are not taking advantage of the situation then. You should do it EVERY time!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts