TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
It's been a LONG LONG time since I have been on here! Sorry about that.
So... I just cashed in the diamond ring my ex gave to me... and I now have money for some sliders! YAY!!! I can't think of a better way to remember my ex... by bashing the heck out of him!

Anyways, I am a girl and all... and still care about how they look on my truck.
Any ideas?
Can anyone make some... or can I help w/ some Pizza, Beer and a bit of $$?

I also still need to get my CB into my truck and wired. I'm not a fan of electricity... shocked too many times. (besides... I rewired my headlights... and now my lows are my brights, and my brights are my lows. oops!) so if anyone could help me wire it in there... and maybe help me pick out and mount an antenna... I would be forever in your debt! well... not forever!

Oh yeah... I have a 2001 Taco 2" lift, 32" tires.... quad cab, 4x4 (isn't that a given...???)

Thanks guys!
You Rock!

And one more thing.... Ran into Captain Kirk today... (since I'm on the board again...) We having a goodbye party for this guy or what??????

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Yeah, Tail Gear has hands down a very smokin deal on sliders. Like mentioined, you are seriously looking at $100+ in steel, so if you really want sliders, here they are. I am sure there are plenty of us here that would be happy to weld them up for you if need be.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Trail gear stuff may be cheap, but that comes at a cost. As much as I like to save a buck, I won't buy anything from them. They have one of the most notable pieces of crap working there and they have shady business practices. Spend the extra couple dollars and buy from a stand up guy like Marlin or the crew over at All Pro. There are a crap load of dealers out there and we should support the good ones.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I love Mikes conviction!
not sure how they are gona cheapen up 1.75" .120" wall -
I get your point you don't like em - story behind the message?

Heatstroke said:
Trail gear stuff may be cheap, but that comes at a cost. As much as I like to save a buck, I won't buy anything from them. They have one of the most notable pieces of crap working there and they have shady business practices. Spend the extra couple dollars and buy from a stand up guy like Marlin or the crew over at All Pro. There are a crap load of dealers out there and we should support the good ones.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
TBob said:
I love Mikes conviction!
not sure how they are gona cheapen up 1.75" .120" wall -
I get your point you don't like em - story behind the message?
They've closed the threads on Pirate, but a quick overview, they have entered agreement with people to non-compete, strung them along for a while with promises to sign contracts stating such while the other party believes them and begins to share specs and such and then they renege and start producing the parts that they were gonna do for the other company, but do it as there own parts, so bottom line, they have stolen a bunch of different guys designs, get them made in mass for cheap to under cut the person they stole it from to try to drive them out of business. So Marlin, Allpro, FROR and everyone else they have stolen from will get my biz even if it cost me an extra 30 bucks plus 15 in shipping, simply because the people running that place are as wonderful as the afterbirth of a bastard rat.
BTW see my sig line.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Trail Gear has great service, but many of the products are half assed or chinese junk...and I will not spend my money there anymore. I was well aware of the bad business ethics behind TG...but wanted to give them a chance and I was not impressed; no matter how good of service they provide.

Recently I purchased some spacers from TG as nobody else had the 2" ones in stock....anyway also picked up some knuckle parts as well. The spacers were fine, but the knuckle parts were junk. Very very poor machine work on many parts. Even the spindle nuts were total junk. My 20 year old used factory Toyota parts were in better shape...not to mention all their bearings are from china. Wheel bearings, carrier bearings, etc.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Thanks Kirk - that's what I was looking for, the reason. Just posting up that they are a-holes and don't buy from them doesn't cut it. I like to know why.
know that I bought a clutch from them and it doesn't work for ass but didn't feel that was enough reason to dog em. Come to think of it I think I remeber now something about a thread on some high steer arms (6 shooter?) that Marlin invented and they suposidly stole but I wasn't clear on the details.

Captkirkyota said:
They've closed the threads on Pirate, but a quick overview, they have entered agreement with people to non-compete, strung them along for a while with promises to sign contracts stating such while the other party believes them and begins to share specs and such and then they renege and start producing the parts that they were gonna do for the other company, but do it as there own parts, so bottom line, they have stolen a bunch of different guys designs, get them made in mass for cheap to under cut the person they stole it from to try to drive them out of business. So Marlin, Allpro, FROR and everyone else they have stolen from will get my biz even if it cost me an extra 30 bucks plus 15 in shipping, simply because the people running that place are as wonderful as the afterbirth of a bastard rat.
BTW see my sig line.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
OK so looks like TG isn't the place to buy from can we help her find a good deal elsewhere? Marlin doesn't list sliders for a Taco and I don't think AP sliders are very good with the kick-out design so what are her options?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
OK found these at inchworm
http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/index.php?cPath=46
not really a complete kit I would recommend adding 2 more points of engaugement. You would need to get 2 more lengths of tube and 5 3/16" 4x4 plates and 5 pieces cut at a 45 for the gussets but that is pretty simple deal for anyone that is going to install them.

·
Registered
458 Posts
TBob said:
Marlin doesn't list sliders for a Taco and I don't think AP sliders are very good with the kick-out design so what are her options?
I have marlins 78" sliders on my xtra cab. They extend 8"-12" past the xtra cab part. So depending on what the overall cab length is on the double cab compared to the xtra cab then they may work just fine.

There is always demello. I believe jasons sliders tend to tuck in under the body more than most. Marlins sliders will stick out farther.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
16 Participants
FAUX X 4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing