TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these sliders or something close to them? I'm trying to find pictures of them on someones rig. Been emailing the company for pictures but since its a newer product, I don't think they have any.

Life would be so much easier if I just took pictures of the custom sliders on our 4Runner before we sold it. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think those might be the ones that Sam copied.

Here's a link to hers:

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131456
Yep same exact ones shes copying. Hers seem to stick out a bit further in the back than these ones do.

I finally got some pics from the owner. He said hes franticly searching for some first gen Tacoma pics that he knows he has somewhere.

I wanted to remake the sliders that we had on our 4Runner, but one picture isn't enough to go by. But these seem like they would work fine.

Thanks for both of your help.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those pics don't look like a 1st gen Tacoma, more like the 05+. Good luck with the sliders though.
Its not a 1st gen. He's having issues finding his 1st gen pics so he just sent us these for now.

think the OP is looking to make their own but wanted pics for design ideas.
I wanted to remake the sliders we had on our 4runner since I really liked them, but this picture isnt enough to go by. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/brood_mare25/Cars For Sale/BothCars010.jpg

I was asking for pictures for the above one because they didnt have any on their site. Sorry if I'm confusing you all.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Dual rail square 2x2 sliders. Easy enough. Super easy to build. That's what will be on Doris eventually.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Yeah I considered that for my design, but it seems like it would be a bitch to notch the tubes just right and all and have it turn out straight. Also, mine will likely have an exo tied in down the road, and it would kind of be nice to have a flat surface to put a tube on, so that I don't have to screw around with notching yet again.

·
7,735 Posts
Yeah I considered that for my design, but it seems like it would be a bitch to notch the tubes just right and all and have it turn out straight.
No shit... anything short of a band saw setup would be damn near impossible. But they do look good and are pretty damn functional.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
390 Posts
Give Richard a call, he can make what you want..
Heres what Ive got:

but I added a plate to the top:

IMHO his prices are VERY fair, his products get an A+ and Customer Service A+

·
Registered
434 Posts
damn, makes me wonder if my revenge-fab sliders being shipped are worth it. meh, they were cheap and i'm cheap so it works.

those sliders look sweet tho, i like the panel over the top. i'd rhino-line the crap outta that top section, grip tape, something - cuz those rails + water = bad time.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
If you are in fact considering something very simple, and square, then I would recommend going off of the ORS design (since they are no longer in business) and going with the single square tube 'tilt'. I absolutely love mine since they give me a nice flat open area to pivot on when i need to, but they still protect when i come straight down on a rock and i have less surface area to scrape along the rock with just the point. The one thing i wish was different is the fact they dont quite stick out far enough, wish they were out about another inch or so. Sometimes it gets hairy trying to judge if a rocks going to hit the slider, or my door.

Heres a pic of them for reference:

with everything back on the frame:

·
Registered
390 Posts
damn, makes me wonder if my revenge-fab sliders being shipped are worth it. meh, they were cheap and i'm cheap so it works.

those sliders look sweet tho, i like the panel over the top. i'd rhino-line the crap outta that top section, grip tape, something - cuz those rails + water = bad time.
thankx, yea I did put the step tape on there, I think the paint was still wet when I did,lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts