TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a regular cab. I am thinking about adding one more stand off. I lined up the bottom of the tube steel with the bottom of the frame steel and made a triangle gusset out of 3/8" that goes to the top of the frame and laid a big nasty fillet in there.

As far as the stainless tube goes it is 2x2 and 1/4" wall and will look good for longer than I will be around. It is 316 and harder than carbon. I can jack the side of my truck up by it and it does not go anywhere.

·
Registered
286 Posts
not sure why somebody would think that stainless wouldnt work but i think they look good. did you weld them to the frame or bolt? if weld, what rod did you use?

·
Registered
567 Posts
not sure why somebody would think that stainless wouldnt work but i think they look good. did you weld them to the frame or bolt? if weld, what rod did you use?
Stainless is cool, just always heard that it's more brittle and will crack easier than mild steel. I'm sure the OP will be just fine.

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
Stainless is cool, just always heard that it's more brittle and will crack easier than mild steel. I'm sure the OP will be just fine.
I know one person (Dick Foster) who has stainless sliders and beats them hard on the Rubicon and Dusy Ershim trail. They have held up just fine for many years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts