TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've looked at all types of these but can't decide.i'm from south carolina and really not to many rock mostly mud. i took my nerf bars off and i like the look of sliders. i'm almost hooked on demello all the way around i have an 03 dc 4x4 and my favorite is the wrap around for the rear. i atlast want to start wiht the sides and back but money is in the picture. i know u get what u pay for but like i said not to many rocks. is there anybody out there that sell package deals. also how much weight would i be adding, gas is getting higher. wheels and tires would be next but i've only had the truck for about 5 months and it had new skids on it 265/75 so i'm gonna use them up first. sorry for the long post. but money in mind what sliders should i opt for wanting sides, back, and winch bumper. also how stupod would it look with the rear if i go thea route first?

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
First, I would check your spelling, before posting... ;)
As to your questions....

1) Call the vendor to see if they offer package deals. You never know until you ask them.
2) Only thing cheaper is to weld them yourself (ie. a build kit). Most vendors offer this and it saves you $$$.
3) I would get sliders first, then tires, then bumpers.
4) If you can swing it, get seperate dedicated off-road tires & Wheels. Then use your stock wheels and tires for DD.

I currently have CBI's Heavy Duty Clamp-on sliders.
CBI Slider Install on a 2001 DC

I sort of did it ass backwards, I bought the tires and bumper first and then I received some body rash before purchasing my CBI's.
Hope this helps and good luck on the purchase.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i really like the cbi bumpers

·
Registered
796 Posts
While sliders are esp. helpful in rocks, they also can reduce/ prevent damage from other obstacles like logs and even dirt berms or side impacts from slipping into a tree, ect. On top of these benifits they allow use of a high-lift. They pay for themselves real fast. IMO, don't be afraid of a slider design that "sticks out" a bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went with demello weld on sliders, for the looks more than any thing. They took a bit to get to me but im glad I went with them. One tree or a good sized rock and any slider will pay for it's self--lol. The Demello's are high priced but man they look cool. Well any ways have fun

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
i've looked at all types of these but can't decide.i'm from south carolina and really not to many rock mostly mud. i took my nerf bars off and i like the look of sliders. i'm almost hooked on demello all the way around i have an 03 dc 4x4 and my favorite is the wrap around for the rear. i atlast want to start wiht the sides and back but money is in the picture. i know u get what u pay for but like i said not to many rocks. is there anybody out there that sell package deals. also how much weight would i be adding, gas is getting higher. wheels and tires would be next but i've only had the truck for about 5 months and it had new skids on it 265/75 so i'm gonna use them up first. sorry for the long post. but money in mind what sliders should i opt for wanting sides, back, and winch bumper. also how stupod would it look with the rear if i go thea route first?
before you shell out $$ for shipping from the west coast you might check around for local fabbers that make sliders. I know there are at least 4 from GA up through the Carolinas ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sounds like you have three problems:

1) To slider or not to slider:
Looks asside, its the cost of the sliders vs. the probability you'll damage what they would have protected (or not try a trail cause you realize you don't have the protection you need). For me, I messed up my last truck cause I didn't have sliders, so it was one of the first things I did.

2) Where to get em if you want em:
I have no opinion for your area. (I'm in CA so I went with Demello cause folks on this board have said great things about Jason/Demello - I was not disapointed.)

3) Weld on vs bolt on.
Everything has pros/cons. If you decide to get sliders read up on this part so you know what you are doing (the bolt on vs weld on controversy is well trod territory on this site). For my needs I went with bolt on. Be warned drilling the holes was a chore.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Like Kennesaw Mtn? :lmao:
mine stuff is still holding up :p

I know others had issues with Kyle but he never screwed me over so...;)

Some time ago I tried to make a list of fab shops run by members in varrious areas of the country but never completed it...then lost the info...o well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how do u find thes people like the one in kennesam mtn. around here rocks are no big thing just mud and mud. the only ones i here about are the ones u guys tak about on here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing of some fabbers here on the East. I sure do like the look of the Demello's and would go with the DIY's myself, but I think that I am getting a little sore from all the shipping that I have incurred from Colorado, California, and Oregon. Hurts to sit, hehehe.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
AllPro has a package deal for slider, front (winch) and rear tube bumpers. I think around $1200.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
how do u find thes people like the one in kennesam mtn. around here rocks are no big thing just mud and mud. the only ones i here about are the ones u guys tak about on here.
http://www.kenmtn.com/index.htm

come on East coast guys...gotta be more shops out there!

Rick? know any?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Independent 4x4
10403 So Leadbetter, Suite C
Ashland VA US 23005
804-550 0480

there is also ironpigoffroad.com as well, and i got mine from cbi and shippin wasnt too bad, just some that i know of near me

another thing to do is to go to arbusa.com and look up local dealers a lot of times they are an offroadfab shop as well

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
mine stuff is still holding up :p

I know others had issues with Kyle but he never screwed me over so...;)

Some time ago I tried to make a list of fab shops run by members in varrious areas of the country but never completed it...then lost the info...o well.
You had months of patience and many returns...

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
has jason seen this...?
I saw this thread, and forgot about it...

Demello Offroad does offer sliders at different prices from $199 and up. From the DIY to our Bolt-on sliders, even custom if you so feel the need.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I saw this thread, and forgot about it...

Demello Offroad does offer sliders at different prices from $199 and up. From the DIY to our Bolt-on sliders, even custom if you so feel the need.
lol i was just laughing my ass of because...i have seen your posts and know you wheel the hell out of your stuff. Then some guy is like...i get jasons shit because it makes me look cool.

i just know thats not why you build your stuff...:D

i meant no offense on the price comment jason, i know you make a quality product and will be getting my sliders from you when it comes time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts