TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 DC LB 4.0 4X4 w/ an auto transmission and while driving it revs up once in a while and my foot is steady on the gas. I went ahead and had the fluid flushed out and replaced at the dealer with the factory WS ATF to see if that would help but it still does it. Has this happened to anyone else? I have about 31k miles on it what do you guys think. :confused:

·
Registered
204 Posts
thats probably just your torque converter unlocking....ever notice your 5 speed auto feels like a 6 speed????count how many times you hear it shift...but you have to be kinda on the gas or the converter will be already locked when it shifts into 5th.....also might want to reset your ecu.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gona try an ECU reset and if it still dose it than Im going to the dealer
thanks

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Lucas, yeah that will work real well at wasting his money and possibly ruining his warranty transmission warranty.

When you start lifing these trucks and adding air resistance and taller tires the transmission shift points are no linger optimized. The torgqe converter does not lock properly and you will notice it.
The cure.
Stay stock, it works great that way. (blasphemy I know but there are far better investments of energy, time and Money) You got other toys leave something alone to be relaible.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I wouldn't pour ANYTHING into that tranny!

Even after it's out of warranty.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lucas, yeah that will work real well at wasting his money and possibly ruining his warranty transmission warranty.

When you start lifing these trucks and adding air resistance and taller tires the transmission shift points are no linger optimized. The torgqe converter does not lock properly and you will notice it.
The cure.
Stay stock, it works great that way. (blasphemy I know but there are far better investments of energy, time and Money) You got other toys leave something alone to be relaible.
Carefull I got flamed for saying stock is more reliable than a lifted truck with mods.

I also got flamed for saying that lifting your truck raises the rollover risk, but we all know that lifting it makes it less likely to roll:rolleyes:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Sadly I think the auto tranny we have is crap:mad:

You might want to try Lucas Oil stabilizer, it works wonders! you can buy their fluid as well, I would try their fluid with the stabilizer in it.

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/index.sd
why do you say that? i love myne, even though i've only had it for 1600 miles, its doing great on predicting all the shifts and going uphill. do you mean the reliability of it? only think i absolutely hate about this truck is that you can't check the fluid easily.

·
Registered
204 Posts
whats the tow rating?????????isnt it a ecu controlled tranny????????doesnt the ecu recognize when its under a load????????????so your saying that a couple of inches of wheel diameter is gonna screw with it as if the ecu is set in stone and cant compensate..........bull... im running 35"s ill post when i have a problem....6000 miles so far and i also pull a couple of bikes with a trailer no problems.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sadly I think the auto tranny we have is crap:mad:

You might want to try Lucas Oil stabilizer, it works wonders! you can buy their fluid as well, I would try their fluid with the stabilizer in it.

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/index.sd
why????fried yours????problems???? i HATE autos but i had to get one ..no long bed manual...but atleast its a good auto..........was it crap before you poured lucas in it?????

·
Registered
313 Posts
I didnt use lucas, i recomended it to the person with the broken tranny

I mean the reliablilty of the tranny being crap, its not too bad with the shifts but its far from perfect.

I wish BMW made trucks :eek:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
18,000 miles on mine and zero trans probs so far. Now don't ask me about that fucked up rear DS...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm still running the stock tires and wheels so I don't think its with shift points plus I don't thing lucas, amsoil , redline, ect ect have made a fluid that is the same type as the new toyota WS (world standard) fluid. and its a seald transmission that the dealer said that you don't have to change until 90k. yeah right! with all my autos I have them changed 2 30K just to be safe. Oil on the other hand if you get it changed at the dealer make sure it from bottles and not the recycled stuff pumped in from the truck that stuff is crap.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Why do you say this? It seems every post I see from you is BS.
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one...but mine usually stinks:) Rock on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts