TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Sloppytaco is near completion. Here are a few pics of sas build. I changed out the front shackles today, put the 285's on all fours, and the truck is almost level. I just have the drag link, bleed the brakes, grease fittings, drill out new holes in the tube for the rear shocks, driveshaft, and 6* shims for the front left to do. If the shims correct the pinion angle I am going to have the knuckles rotated again. Would it be best to rotate the spring perches at the same time or keep the shims?

More Pics:
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/sloppytaco18/Dana 44/

A major THANKS to all of those that have helped out with this project!!!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
AWSOME!!!!!

If Ure rotating the knuckles again then rotate the perches & get rid of the shims so U don't spit them out at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looks good man. Sorry I've been scarce lately. I agree with Ed on the rotating of the perches rather than using shims. Let me know if you need any help/ advice. Take care of that rig, she's looking good.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Looks nice brother! I need to drive my sorry butt over there sometime to say whats up and return your cash and parts. GOOD JOB!! Too bad I can't do mine!! We will see about an older model for all dem goodies...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! When the truck is driveable I am going to take it to PORC and have them correct the axle problems.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
2 words.........i'm jealous! looks good man, can't wait to see it on the trail.
-daniel

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks good. Whats the deal with those coilovers I see in the picture with your mt/rs?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ah, at first I thought they were ones you would use with a sas.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to move them back around 2 to 3 inches and see what that does. The strange part is that when the springs were at full droop and the shackles were almost at 90*. Although this issue is temporary the pinion angle is almost perfect.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
sloppytaco said:
I'm going to move them back around 2 to 3 inches and see what that does. The strange part is that when the springs were at full droop and the shackles were almost at 90*. Although this issue is temporary the pinion angle is almost perfect.
At full droop they should be pointed like 20-30 degrees forward. With the springs broken in they should be pointing like 15-25 degrees back.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts