TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing research on swapping in a ford f150 tank mounted above the drive shaft/rear axle to gain ground clearance. I was laying under the truck and noticed i am going to have to move the exhaust since the gas tank will be going right where the stock muffler is. My question is whats the smallest size muffler out there that is quiet? My truck is loud enough with 2 gear driven cases and i am past the loud exhaust stage in my life. My second question is with the exhaust snaking by a steel tank, i am going to have to make some shielding, would simple metal plate be enough like the factory cats have, or do i need to do something more? How does that heat wrap stuff hold up to areas with salt and lots of moisture, and will it rot out the exhaust piping under it?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I bet header wrap would be good for heat(obviously). I always wondered if it held water too. No use putting it down that low if it gets wet and doesn't get dried out by daily driving exhaust heat.

What about some rattle can ceramic spray? Maybe on the exposed side of the tank too?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts