TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read a little about this trail, curious if anybody has run it? was going to check it out sunday, this is the only thing i can find on it and its from azbackcountry.com "This trail leads out of a stream near Clarkdale (backside of Mingus Mtn just past Jerome). The lower section is easier. After the mid-point turn-out, it gets fairly gnarly and ends in a nasty hill climb up a waterfall that even with dual lockers, may reject many"

anybody done it?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
was supose to this past weekend with the high country renegades....glad i couldn't make it seeing as how my junk blew. But no haven't run it yet.

ive read a little about this trail, curious if anybody has run it? was going to check it out sunday, this is the only thing i can find on it and its from azbackcountry.com "This trail leads out of a stream near Clarkdale (backside of Mingus Mtn just past Jerome). The lower section is easier. After the mid-point turn-out, it gets fairly gnarly and ends in a nasty hill climb up a waterfall that even with dual lockers, may reject many"

anybody done it?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK saw pics, still dont know where its at, may just go show up at their meet place and follow. was gonna take fam-damily up there on sun and maybe runn some of it in newwer runner, but after looking at trail, ive got no business on that trail with that rig. it looks more suitable for my beater.
did see a trail report on that virtual website that a bunch of jeep guys and one toy truck ran payatte draw, i guess the toy was the only one to make the fall without a winch:lmao:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i guess the toy was the only one to make the fall without a winch:lmao:
Correction. It says only one other person made the fall without winching. And it was a "Jeep" Liberty:lmao:

·
Registered
515 Posts
youmight want to pm sedona rick on the vjc to make sure its going on this weekend. sat is the annerversary run to CK so might not be a good weekend for that run either.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got directions, but it looks like a pretty good trail, so ill wait till crawler is done and take it.
may do night run this weekend, table mesa or something close. ive never taken taco on terminator so i might do that, see if it will even make it

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill be in Colo on labor day, last chance to run the passes. gonna take new runner and see how it does

·
Registered
572 Posts
i got directions, but it looks like a pretty good trail, so ill wait till crawler is done and take it.
may do night run this weekend, table mesa or something close. ive never taken taco on terminator so i might do that, see if it will even make it

My beater is up for sale - no way I'm taking the Taco thru Smasher...:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Smasher On Sun 08.19

WOULD BE GLAD TO LEAD.
I'M NOT MAKING THE CK RUN. ONE LONG BUMPER TO BUMPER JAMB.
7:00 AM SUN. 08.19
MEET & AIR DOWN N.E. CORNER TUZOGOOT RD. & SYCAMORE CYN. RD.
4.0 TRAIL 33's AND TRACTION DEVICES.
GOOGLE EARTH
034*46'05"
112*02'19"

·
Registered
497 Posts

Ya ya post is 7 years old hahaha

Bovads did you or anyone for that matter run it in the last 7 years? Do you happen to have cords for it you can PM?

Might take a ride up the 26th and check it out.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Ya ya post is 7 years old hahaha

Bovads did you or anyone for that matter run it in the last 7 years? Do you happen to have cords for it you can PM?

Might take a ride up the 26th and check it out.
Holy shiat...... Trail is NOT IFS friendly...... Lower is the only section open with Coconino's travel management plan in place. Its a long way to got for 2 hours of wheelin...... Though IFS could make a whole day and part of the night out of it........ Locals tell me it is tougher or more technical than it once was cos less peeps are on it to stack it......

·
Registered
497 Posts
Holy shiat...... Trail is NOT IFS friendly...... Lower is the only section open with Coconino's travel management plan in place. Its a long way to got for 2 hours of wheelin...... Though IFS could make a whole day and part of the night out of it........ Locals tell me it is tougher or more technical than it once was cos less peeps are on it to stack it......
Good information to know :) I wasn't sure about the lower section. Everything I could find was about the 2 water falls which I thought were at the end of the upper.

Thanks Sy

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Good information to know :) I wasn't sure about the lower section. Everything I could find was about the 2 water falls which I thought were at the end of the upper.

Thanks Sy
There is a fall at the end of upper but that section is all closed now..... There is a fall (the squeeze) at the end of the lower section. its a fun trail but like I said, a long way to go for a few hours.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts