TTORA Forum banner

Smells like new...

4K views 62 replies 25 participants last post by  Kappes03 
#1 ·
FINALLY! About time I got my truck gah seemed like it took an eternity but I'm super stoked!

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice. I can see what my fenders use to look like. Congrats on the new truck!

#10 ·
Congrats! Way sweet.

#19 ·
And the CoTTORA sticker matches perfectly. Unfortunatly they are Uber rare these days. We need to do another printing. Last time they were $5 each and Nate sold all 200 of them! We are famous 200x over :D

#20 ·
If anyone need one. I have one left. It is in my truck and it will be $5.

Kappes03,

If you want it let me know. I work right off Lincoln and 25.

#23 ·
Ike earned his right (the right way) to wear the CoTTORA sticker!

#26 ·
Did you already unhitch that 93 SAS SoM? I thought you kinda liked that one, since we all actually saw pics of it wheeling...

#28 ·
I test drove a truck exactly like that from Mountain States a few weeks ago.

Clean lookin truck, lovin the white!

And yes, I do need to make more stickers, and some people are even asking for shirts.

BTW Molly, i only did 100 stickers last time

Oh, to the OP... You know a Josh Mathews, Wojtek, or Jason?

#30 ·
I test drove a truck exactly like that from Mountain States a few weeks ago.

Clean lookin truck, lovin the white!
QUOTE]

Thats where I got it from haha. Was it the 6 speed? They also had an auto a few weeks ago too I think. Btw do you guys mostly drive manual or auto? Now that I think about it would almost seem easier wheelin in an auto..?

#31 ·
i can't drive automatics... literally. i screw with 'em too much. and i guess if you're doing serious rock crawling, i could see where an automatic would be a benefit... but for most wheelin i would seriously prefer a manual. just not the same if you're not jammin gears.

:2cents:, take with a grain of salt. i have nothing against automatics, i just think they're for wussies :D

#44 ·
:2cents:, take with a grain of salt. i have nothing against automatics, i just think they're for wussies :D
Not for wussies for men (or women) who have found wisdom!!:p

So what about an auto with a crawler box or dual cases on it? Hmmm.... I could get out and walk the trail next to my rig. Do my own spotting maybe.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#32 ·
Here we go...

I drive an auto on the rocks and like it, that being said, the rig I'm building will be a 5-speed with dual cases. Just about everybody will agree there are advantages to either depending on the situation (auto has no clutch slippage going up, stick has compression breaking going down and gear selection, etc). I say pick one and wheel it. Any advantages/disadvantages can be dealt with by a good driver.

#33 ·
i like the wheelin with newer autos, but with an older 3.0 and auto the combo just sucks, i can never get into the rpm range i need. that being said im sure the newer ones are just fine.

i like the fact that you can inch along with your foot on the brake and one on the gas and one on the floor board for bracing (what?! you dont have 3 feet!?)

lol but i also wheel an 04 with a stick and i like it and dont mind it but originally i was lookin for an auto

#34 ·
Yea I was just curious.. I've never driven anything else but stick. My 92 pick-up was but did limited 4-wheeling. Guess it's just a personal preference but of course it also has to do with a skilled driver.

#36 ·
My 2 cents.... I love my auto but with uber low gearing.. (5.71) It's almost like a crawler. Almost... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.