TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about picking up a smittybilt xrc8! Does anyone have one and what do you think of it? Thanks as always!!;)

·
20,355 Posts
Nate on this board has one. it worked great everytime i have seen it in action. from what i have heard they work, but are farily slow.

most on here are going to tell you to get a warn, and warns are great. but for the price when i eventually pick up a winch it will be an Xr8

·
20,355 Posts
probably, but that is still about $100 more than you can get the smittybuilt for.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the price I can deal with the speed. Im more worried about making sure it is a soild winch that will not let me down!?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Milemarker = Smittybuilt, exact same winch.

Personally, I consider a winch a "life or death" device that HAS to work EVERY time, and am willing to save up a little longer to ensure that.

All that said, I would look at Superwinch and Tmaxx in addition to Warn.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have 2 friends with the XRC8, one running cable and the other running synthetic. Both have never had any problems with it working correctly. It is a little bit slower than most others but works great.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Scotty at addicted had good things to say about his. That is the way im going. I may just get the pro or whatever it is with the synthetic line and different fairlead for another 70 or 80 bucks.

I really like that i can run it on scotts bumper with out cutting my grill

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that tells me what I needed to know! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
eh.... having a winch is better than where i am right now, doesn't look like a bad setup. i do miss the winch war discussion way back when though.... someone actually did research and had numbers to back it up. longevity goes a long way though....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts