1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've used one similar to that. They work well. Handy to have in the recovery bag of stuff. Just an FYI, if you run steel cable through it, I don't recommend running synthetic line though it. You can damage the syn line from the possible burrs on the pulley from the steel cable.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The warns and arbs are nice but cost a bit! I may just try one of the rugged ridge brand ones and see how it works.

·
7,735 Posts
FWIW, I picked up that same style with the Bull Dog brand stamped on it and it's worked fine with wire rope the few times I've used it ... I won't be using it with synth line tho (for the same reasons Volcom mentioned).

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
not to postjack, but what would be suitable to use with synth line? does someone make plastic snatchblocks that have no possibility of burring?
You can run a metal pulley'd snatch block with syn line. Just make sure the snatch block hasn't been used with steel cable.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
ok i gotcha. if you run the steel cable through it you will essentially render it useless to synth line due to harsh metal-metal contact damaging the pulley. im dumb.

/end_threadjack

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
ok i gotcha. if you run the steel cable through it you will essentially render it useless to synth line due to harsh metal-metal contact damaging the pulley. im dumb.

/end_threadjack
Not dumb. I was wondering the same thing but hadn't got around to asking. :D

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys thanks a bunch for the input!! I think I will go ahead and try one of these!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey guys thanks a bunch for the input!! I think I will go ahead and try one of these!
If you haven't already ordered one I'll sell you my bulldog snatch block, same design as the one your looking at, I switched to synthetic line so I don't want to use it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
It shouldn't be that big of a deal to polish out any burrs. Somehow attach it to a drill and hold some sandpaper and/or steel wool in there.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you haven't already ordered one I'll sell you my bulldog snatch block, same design as the one your looking at, I switched to synthetic line so I don't want to use it.
How much do you want?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What modal?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure came in a recovery kit I bought from high country, I'll look to see if it has a model number on it in the morning, not at home now.
Ok that works! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure came in a recovery kit I bought from high country, I'll look to see if it has a model number on it in the morning, not at home now.

PM sent.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry missed this post, it's been used about ten times and is still in good shape so I was hoping for twenty bucks if that works.
I will take it. Pm resent.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts