TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone that had a snorkel had an opinion on whether or not it was worth it? Pros cons etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
WILD YOTE said:
I was wondering if anyone that had a snorkel had an opinion on whether or not it was worth it? Pros cons etc...
For me it's been worth it to keep snow out of the intake. If you wheel in light dry, cold snow and you're pulling air from the wheel well you'll fill your airbox and stall the engine. I've had it happen a few times and it's not fun trying to clean it out to get running again. For water, it's probably worth it but your air intake is only one of the issues if you get in that deep. I'm glad I have mine but I guess it depends what kind of wheeling you do.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,934 Posts
I have one and like it. It's not only colder air intake but cleaner up higher if you're doing desert type stuff and following others. The stream crossing/mud thing is obvious.
However, you do get a few looks on the street and questions in parking lots. Now I just tell them it's a bubble machine.
 

·
Deal Master
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
Dick Foster said:
I have one and like it. It's not only colder air intake but cleaner up higher if you're doing desert type stuff and following others. The stream crossing/mud thing is obvious.
However, you do get a few looks on the street and questions in parking lots. Now I just tell them it's a bubble machine.
Yeah but you picked yours up for a heck of a deal !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,934 Posts
Yes, but am I supposed to like it more or less? Yes, I got a really good deal and appreciated it too. When you see something like that you gotta jumb on it. I remember almost being left out by waiting something like 15 min. to respond.
 

·
Deal Master
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Yes, but am I supposed to like it more or less? Yes, I got a really good deal and appreciated it too. When you see something like that you gotta jumb on it. I remember almost being left out by waiting something like 15 min. to respond.
You are suppose to like it more-
Mods with higher benefit to cost ratios are very good IMHO :)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top