TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an arb snorkel for my tacoma but it is a 99 and its says they fit 2000-2004 is there a difference or will it fit.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i'm not sure if it will, but i do have a comment to make. There is many other things to do when you put on a snorkel. Make sure you take care of wireing harnesses and other wires. Not just wires, but look all around the truck and see where water could get in. I have seen so many ppl put them on and expect that they can go as deep as they want without taking care of the other water proofing and everything goes to hell.

hope i could help,

brad

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
I have seen so many ppl put them on and expect that they can go as deep as they want without taking care of the other water proofing and everything goes to hell.

Wait so you put a snorkel on your truck to drive through water? I thought it was for looks! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
bagal said:
Wait so you put a snorkel on your truck to drive through water? I thought it was for looks!
This cracks me up every time I see one. Why not just do THIS, well actually a modification to that since heating and bending the ABS is a PITA. I used THESE and it came out like THIS

The above setup with the deckplate mod and a rag, means for day-to-day driving you pull all of your intake air from the deckplate. Then for offroad you put the deckplate in and take out the rag stuffed into the hole where the elbow is and viola instant snorkel. All of the benefits of the ARB without having a tree limb catcher attached to side of your truck and spending $300.

But then it doesn't look as cool, and what the hell do I know about water crossings...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts