TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So.......how does a re-match of Lovell Summit sound to you all?? Not looking for 10+ trucks this time around.....between 2-6 would probably be just right.
And.....only those equipped for the snow need apply!!! Chains will most likely be required for this run, as they are getting a shit load of snow up there right now, and more coming next week!!!! :eek::eek:

Chains
shovels
recovery gear
winch (not needed, as long as some of us have them...but helpful!!!)
All Terrain or mud/snow tires!!!!! No exception!!!!! Don't want the same out come as last Sunday!!!!! :rolleyes:

There will be a lot of snow up there again!!!! I'm sure that some of it has melted during the week of 60* days, but it is coming down in buckets right now.....and again next week!!! :eek::eek:

There will be at least as much as last Sunday or more!!!!! My goal.....is to at least make it up and over Lovell Summit, and to Trout Canyon. If we can get that far, and it's still early enough, then we can hop on over to Wheelers Pass!!!!! :thumbs::driving::driving::woot:

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Meet @ the gas station/mini mart @ highway 160 & Red Rock Canyon rd.
9:30-9:45 am
Leave around 10:00 am.
CB Ch. #38
2 meter 146.550

:driving:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Who sells the good chains here in town?
I bought my chains a long time ago in a place far away. If I needed to buy today from a local store I would probably check Sears, PepBoys, 4WheelParts, Walmart, Costco, etc. There are also plenty of online stores that sell chains.

·
1,083 Posts
Ah nice, I didn't think of them. I'll have to see if I can get there before next weekend. I need some of those stupid deflator things too and I keep forgetting to get them.

Ugh, I see they're not open Sundays.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great vids. That is the exact vehicles you see in Iceland. I lived there for three years and nothing but 38 inch balloon tires w/ 1 inch suspension travel for the glaciers.:D Ahh, now that's snow wheeling.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who is going???

1: Robert & dogs (my034runner) :xdevil::xpimp:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Copy and paste....and add your info!!!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I feel like I should go just to represent for the Taco's, because it looks like mostly 4Runner's going. But, I don't know if I want/can go or not. I'd also have to get some chains.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I feel like I should go just to represent for the Taco's, because it looks like mostly 4Runner's going. But, I don't know if I want/can go or not. I'd also have to get some chains.

We'll be in Your backyard!!!!! I was surprised that you didn't show up for the last one!!! :rolleyes:

Tip on the Tacoma going though.......make sure to throw some extra weight in the bed....helps with traction in the rear!!!!! :cool:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, do I need chains for all four wheels even though my owner's manual says not to put them up front? ;)

We can only use the rear. There is too much potential for damage of front end componants if used on the front. :cool:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts