TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well why the rest of the "cool" :) nor-cal crew was up at Moonrocks, a couple friends and I made a little closer snow trip. I had to be back Sat. evening otherwise I would have loved to make out to Reno (I know, it's a week and a half late, I'm lazy when it comes to pic's). Lots of ice and some ok snow to play in.

My brother got stuck pretty good...

good enough to require 2 winches to get him out.

Some local trail scenery.

Got skunked ice fishing.

Then just when we thought we had the lake to ourselves...out of nowhere comes 23 (yes we counted) asians. They must have parked down the road a little bit 'cause we saw no cars/trucks, nor heard any. Then we notice all of them coming down this hill onto the lake. They were friendly enough and thier kids had fun on the ice. They stayed for about an hour or so then took off.

I'm always learning how to better myself off-road. I have learned this trip, I don't like ice. I'm locked front and rear and well in some cases you would have thought I was open/open with 2wd. I especially don't like walking on it. I was sore on Sunday from the amount of times I fell :cool: No carnage to report other than some light scratches on the jeep. On the way in the road was iced over and he slid into a ditch/bushes. Yes we knew it was iced and were going very slow, hence why he got no damage.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jester_motorsports said:
Great pics! I love that FJ. Wish Cali was a little closer....sometimes. :)
Thanks...trust me there's times I wished I lived further away from Cali too:)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looks like fun. We might get a inch or two here in Ark. this weekend. Hopefully !! By the way your truck is BAD ASS ! I'm gatherin my SAC peices now and doin my reasearch do you have a build up page ?? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks Paul

·
Registered
533 Posts
That reminds me of when I was hunting in a really remote part of Montana and ran into three old black guys. I had a good time talking to them but when I talked to my friends about it no one would believe me!!! I could have sold them on a thirty point buck before they would believe that three black guys were up there :rolleyes:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
newman99 said:
Looks like fun. We might get a inch or two here in Ark. this weekend. Hopefully !! By the way your truck is BAD ASS ! I'm gatherin my SAC peices now and doin my reasearch do you have a build up page ?? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks Paul
Paul, thanks. I don't have a build up page. I bought it from Yogi (in AZ) last year. The only things i have done to it are the front bumper (Bent-up), Winch (warn 8000) and locked the front up (ARB).

·
Registered
19 Posts
TACO 4X4 said:
Paul, thanks. I don't have a build up page. I bought it from Yogi (in AZ) last year. The only things i have done to it are the front bumper (Bent-up), Winch (warn 8000) and locked the front up (ARB).
ya i saw your taco mobbin up 80 a few weeks ago i slowed down so you could pass me so i could check out your truck. that thing is bad ass

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ryan said:
ya i saw your taco mobbin up 80 a few weeks ago i slowed down so you could pass me so i could check out your truck. that thing is bad ass
Thanks Ryan...you must have been going really slow then :D I take it pretty easy going up the hills.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts