TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snow Wheelin' Anyone?

I officially joined NVTTORA around April '07 Primarily to meet other's who like to wheel, since none of my friends currently have 4X4's. As it turns out most of my life I have wheeled solo especially in snow country and I did a lot of it last winter with the new Taco just me and the family in very remote area's where had we ran into serious trouble we would have been screwed, but thats just me, I'm just gonna do what I like to do regardless.

So here's my question. Snow season is fast approaching and I love to wheel in the snow. It's an experience like no other to blaze a trail through virgin snow in the back country. My family and I have very much enjoyed the many wheeling events with NVTTORA and the awesumly great people we have met on these events. I would like to know first how many of you have experience in offroading in snow country. Secondly how many or who is interested in doing some snow wheeling with us this winter.

For those who have never done this I assure you the sights are awesumly majestic and the experience is absolutely thrilling.

I only hope there are others out there who enjoy winter sports as much as we do.

:cool: Peace, and feel free to share your thoughts and/or interest in this subject.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Haven't wheeled in the snow for a while. The last time was up on Wheelers Pass a few years ago.
Hate cold weather though, rather be baking in the summer. Wouldn't hurt to go on a run or two.:cool: :flamethro (to melt the snow!) :xdevil: :xdevil: :xpimp:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have been a few times but not enough where I know exactly what im doing. Its very different then rocks, sand, and the normal for us desert people.
Im down for it if I can. Mid Dec. im done with school but if we get early snow or you have a snow run and I don’t have school crap I will be there!
When ever Mt. Charleston gets snow there is a trail on the Lee Canyon side that gets hit hard and is a lot of fun. Its called Max Canyon Rd if you zoom in on the 156 before 158.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
What's snow???:confused: :)

It's that white stuff that sometimes falls from the sky. Here, it usually doesn't stick to the ground too long though.:rolleyes: :p
People "ski" on this snow stuff too!!:eek:

We usually just see the stuff on the TV!!:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Snow!!!

I have seen snow on TV and off to the side of the road when I take a road trip or two back to my mother’s house in Arizona. She lives in Peoria a suburb of Phoenix Arizona and when I go there I travel through Kingman and some times Prescott in northern part of Arizona to get there. I have always wanted to play in the white stuff; I mean 4wheel in the white stuff but have never had the right equipment (The FJ Cruiser) but now that I own one, I think it is definitely the right equipment. So I am up to the challenge of going any where the white stuff falls this winter as long I have the time and Money to do so.:headbang: :flamethro

·
Registered
704 Posts
love to wheel in the snow. many years of hunting colorado made for some fun times in the snow... up for just need time to plan

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's snow???:confused: :)
Ha Ha! :rofl: Mind you I could be wrong in my assumptions but I think that you most likely have plenty of experience in snow. So why don't you just show up and show the young bucks how it's done. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't wheeled in the snow for a while. The last time was up on Wheelers Pass a few years ago.
Hate cold weather though, rather be baking in the summer. Wouldn't hurt to go on a run or two.:cool: :flamethro (to melt the snow!) :xdevil: :xdevil: :xpimp:
So I guess your just gonna have to turn on the heater and stay in truck, cause your goin'.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, as soon as I get my truck back in good condition I'm in for snow wheeling. I've spent the last few years living in Washington and god do I miss the snow. Between being a snowboard instructor and hunting in the winter a lot I've had a little experience with wheeling in the snow. So just let me know boys.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Well, as soon as I get my truck back in good condition I'm in for snow wheeling. I've spent the last few years living in Washington and god do I miss the snow. Between being a snowboard instructor and hunting in the winter a lot I've had a little experience with wheeling in the snow. So just let me know boys.
Did someone say "snowboarding"???? :D :D

·
Registered
704 Posts
some one is going to have to do a snow dance or somthing cause it is almost the middle fo winter and i am still in shorts and a t-shirt. to cold for tha speedo ya know:D

·
Registered
704 Posts
:xmoon: :xmoon:

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
going up to play in the snow this morning. going up the valley just west of the peak of Mt. Charleston. will report back on the snow situation up there:driving:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Went up to Max Canyon. Not a lot of snow and what there was was driven through. Didnt go all the way back (ran out of sun) but was fun to see white stuff. In years past the snow would be a good foot plus where I was.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts