TTORA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Look who's talking. You're gonna freeeze your ass off on Saturday :p
True, but I am sure we can go inside and get hot chocolate.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Whatever it takes to make you go on a run.:D I have nothing against jeeps. I had one before the land cruiser.
I don't have a problem W/ Jeeps either, but there does seem to be an elitist attitude from the people who wheel or more specifically wheel and work on them. Every 4x4 shop I have been in to in Vegas always treat me like an A- hole when they see I don't have a Jeep. :mad:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I don't have a problem W/ Jeeps either, but there does seem to be an elitist attitude from the people who wheel or more specifically wheel and work on them. Every 4x4 shop I have been in to in Vegas always treat me like an A- hole when they see I don't have a Jeep. :mad:
I know, I know, but that kind of attitude comes mostly from ignorance of how cool and capable toyotas can be. Those people are like Mac users who have never tried Linux...:D The best way to deal with that bias is to wheel with them so they can see first hand what toyotas are about.

http://nevadabackroaders.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2556

·
Registered
799 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Should I be fine with 265-75 nitto terra grapplers? I know there is a lot of snow up there

Yeah.........unless you have bigger one's in your garage!!!!!!! :D

Wouldn't hurt to bring a set of chains with you!!!! :2cents::2cents::2cents:

·
Registered
771 Posts
The snow reading at Lovell Summit is 26" this morning. There could easily be as much snow on the highest part of Mormon Well Rd.

I am going to this run for sure. I am bringing the tire chains, but I expect most/all of the jeeps won't have chains and it's likely we will have to turn around before reaching the highest part of the trail.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I had some friends come in from out of town and they called me last night looking for some nice places to go hiking. I know some good spots but they won't make the trailhead(s) in their rental car so my girlfriend and I are going to pack the two of them into the 4Runner and go with them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
i was right, we had to turn around, but I never expected it would be right at the Corn Creek Station!!!! The rangers closed the whole place down due to too much snow. :(

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
i was right, we had to turn around, but I never expected it would be right at the Corn Creek Station!!!! The rangers closed the whole place down due to too much snow. :(

So everyone just went home??? That's kind of lame!!!! Should have just gone up to Cold Creek and had a ton of fun.....or Kyle Canyon!!!!! Just can't believe the Heep guys just said screw it!!!!! I mean.....hell, you're already up and out and about!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
771 Posts
So everyone just went home??? That's kind of lame!!!! Should have just gone up to Cold Creek and had a ton of fun.....or Kyle Canyon!!!!! Just can't believe the Heep guys just said screw it!!!!! I mean.....hell, you're already up and out and about!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yes, we considered various fallback runs near and far, and the leader of the pack settled on a trail about 50-60 miles away near Mercury. I didn't want to drive that far today knowing there was an alternative run much closer to home tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Yes, we considered various fallback runs near and far, and the leader of the pack settled on a trail about 50-60 miles away near Mercury. I didn't want to drive that far today knowing there was an alternative run much closer to home tomorrow.

I don't blame you......Heck, I'd rather run out to the Mojave Preserve than Mercury!!!! :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
We went up to Lee Canyon with cruiser97eric and were going to find something up there... too deep.

I had my old man with me so we went up Lee Canyon just to look. Ended up pulling a broke down Nissan off the road. We went over the Mt. Charleston side and had fun their. Most of the trails we went on were traveled before but it was still fun. Pics later.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
That's pretty lame. I usually run Mormon Well the "opposite" way, starting on the US93 side and working my way back towards Corn Creek so there would likely not have been any interference going in that way.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts