TTORA Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Got our baby gradumicated this weekend up thar in Tennessee... Yeah! Awesome kid, awesome ceremony.

Finally powered up! The generic radio antenna works well even in the basement. Still have to install the rear speakers. The entire mounting worked out well, very solid.

The Toyota bezel is a junky one to rough in a size. Have to trim out the "good" one. It's a tight fit, I hope there is enough room to plug the cb antenna in the back... which I have yet to get. And I have to find some banana connectors for the p/a speaker leads.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
looks like a high tech space ship...in the dark!

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
looks great Ted! We need to find you some stock vinyl flooring, and put some sound/heat mat down under your feet! (if we're going all out, might as well, eh?) :D

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Looks good!
Thanks! How 'bout some updates on your rig??? Last I saw you were sawing the back off

looks like a high tech space ship...in the dark!
Yes, only different.

looks great Ted! We need to find you some stock vinyl flooring, and put some sound/heat mat down under your feet! (if we're going all out, might as well, eh?) :D
http://www.accmats.com/Products/Flooring/Vinyl.aspx
I like the blue one... :D

EDIT: Looks like they don't carry one for old junk like mine. I left a note tho..

EDIT EDIT: http://www.auto-interior.com/toyota12.htm#extended

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thanks! How 'bout some updates on your rig??? Last I saw you were sawing the back off

Lol, yeah i have slacked off on the truck! Its been a stressful year, started going back to school and then lost my job blah blah blah!! I have managed to accumulate some goodies for the truck, just need to buckle down and get it done!!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Lol, yeah i have slacked off on the truck! Its been a stressful year, started going back to school and then lost my job blah blah blah!! I have managed to accumulate some goodies for the truck, just need to buckle down and get it done!!
C'mawn man!! Get that bumper eating flex monster back on the trail!! :p

Radio stack is done, just gotta mount the cb antanner and trim the good radio bezel ... got the old nasty one in there for now. Got the PA working (I can't wait to use it on Ed) ... rear speakers mounted and hooked up ....

Fixed the seats that needed fixin' ... trimmed the plastic around the bottom of the steering column where the tilt was eating the plastic... anyway, it's something that's been needed forever.

Got a couple TTORA guys trying to hook me up with vents... can't have too many of those durn things, weak, brittle and just flat out cantankerous. Just gotta get the dash pad on and fill the gear boxes with oil then off to the a/c shop ... then put the grille back in ... then maybe a Beasley run or something... ??

Then, if the cabin is indeed semi-water tight I'll get some floor covering/insulation and get the cage mounted up ... then Mastercraft seats ... then harnesses ... then a V8 ... then 1 ton axles ... then 4dees ... then.. it never ends!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Wow, I'm tired of working on this piece of junk! I wanna wheeeel!!!

So I bought a Radio Shack antanner, mount and 16' coax kit. It took every bit of the coax too. You ever notice how those florescent drop lights always manage to shine in your eyes and not on what your working on!!! Got a tuner too.. I'll bring it with me if anyone wants to use it.

Had to empty the tool box, dismount the tool box, remove the high lift, remove the high lift mount, stripped one of the side panel screws, ground the head off .. it's never easy.

Anti-chaff hose added and we're good to go. Could only used three of the four mounting holes in that spot. I'll prolly have to get an antanner spring. BR is starting to show his age with random spots of surface rust... dang bed liners.

Knocked the dent out of the bed .. it's ugly but I don't care at this point.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
DONE ! ! ! ...finally

Finally finished ... sheesh took forever. Oh, and my hvac controls instrument bulb decided to take a dump AFTER I put all back together ... great!

So Cory hooked me up with some vents in excellent condition .. until I dropped one. :mad: (yo Brett, told ya I'd need spares)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ted - wow, that dash is looking great. Sorry to see you broke one of the vents! I hope it was the boogered up one. Would you be needing new dash speakers by any chance?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts