TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first year with one. Nothing special it's an old craftsman 3/20. I took it out and went over the driveway and it really doesn't do all that hot. I'm wondering if it's the way it works or it's time to mod it.

The bottom is plastic and it doesn't make contact with the driveway. Is it supposed to? My issue is it leaves about a 1/2inch of snow on the ground with a pattern from the blades. They have a rubber thing that I assume hits the ground and helps to pull it along. I'm thinking I should take a piece of flat bar and attach it to the bottom where it looks like it once rubber the ground. What do you think?

The other issue is the chute. I honestly think it would work better then it does if it just blew the snow straight in your face. It just kinda throws it all over. Gotta figure out why that's going on.

I found if I pick up on the rear of it then it pulls along and the chute works better but leaves a thicker layer on the driveway. Like I said I have never had one so I'm not sure what is supposed to touch the ground and what's not.

Anyone care to tell me more about how this needs to work?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
its powder.... but yeah the blades should come pretty close to touching the pavement....

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don have a snow shovel. figured with the blower I wouldn't need one but I am lookin to get one for the front porch. We have a big driveway and the wind sucks out here so I'm going to need both but if I have the snow blower it might as well work tho

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
It should make contact with the driveway and get 98% of the snow off the cement. Probably needs new rubber blades. In this powder snow it may throw the snow mostly everywhere with wetter snow it should shoot it more at the people you aim it. :p

I agree with you on getting a snow blower though. Our new house has a really long driveway and shoveling it today sucked. I think I am going to have to find a used one myself. :D

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spent some time looking at it and the bottom blade thing is worn down pretty far. I have some flat bar im going to mount to it and see if it helps. Today it worked a little better but still not great. Im going to get a shovel from the other house to clean it up...

The driveway is pretty big so the snow blower would be nice to just rip through it and be done. We also have a drain in the sidewalk that the neighbor said gets plugged up so he likes to clear it out when it snows...I figure with a blower i could knock it all out fast and not have an ice rink in the road out front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts