TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my snowshoes are getting dusty. anyone know any nice places to build an igloo for a weekend? I'm in golden so the closer the better.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
there is always snow in RMNP and sometimes up behind brainerd lake. changes year to year.

·
Registered
878 Posts
it's hard to find a spot where you can get good snow for igloo building...plus if you want to build a fire finding a place with out a ban or permit required narrows it down more!

I just went snow shoeing above Allenspark. There are some places on that trail network that might work!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DriftinCO said:
did you get to do any snow camping?
ha! actually ended up in palm springs this weekend. not quite what I had planned, but a nice contrast.
still haven't made it out but I'll let you know where/when I go.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
you go too late and then it starts getting warmer and it becomes more of puddle camping

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
lets go camping! like back of the truck camping so we can sucker in people by saying we are bringing propane heaters and there is no walking lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tacotoy said:
lets go camping! like back of the truck camping so we can sucker in people by saying we are bringing propane heaters and there is no walking lol
I'm down! know a good place?
This weekend I'm gonna try to get up to hanging lake. still not sure if it'll be an overnighter or not.
plan a truck camping trip too though and I'm there!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
it will be a few weeks for me.... what days work best for everyone... sat nights and fri nights work for me depending on the week. im outta town this weekend but yeah im down for some camping..... we just need to find somewhere above 8k feet lol

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sounds like crazy/fun...I'll keep watching this thread for updates. I might be in, I dunno if my sleeping bag is good enough.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update!

Getting outta dodge this weekend (2/25/06). Here's the skinny:
Meet anyone who's interested in Glenwood Springs saturday morning and then hike to Hanging Lake. I'm bringing showshoes (though you shouldn't need them for the trail to the lake) to explore around since I've got all day and it's not a very long hike (~1 mile each way). Then to avoid I-70 ski traffic, I'd like to camp and possibly wheel a bit somewhere near there. This is where you come in; anyone know any nice places to camp near Glenwood this time of year?
anyone interested? drop me a line if you are. 303.908.2310
sorry for the short notice.
cheers!
-Fletcher-

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P.S. - weather report for Glenwood:
Saturday - SUNNY! high=43
Sat Night - Moony! low=20
Everyone's welcome, even if you just wanna do part of the trip. (either just hike, just camp or just to say hi.)
see you there!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I slept under the stars and let some friends sleep in the truck. I was snug as a bug in my marmot sawtooth. now it's your turn to plan something. get on it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts