TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
I am a new guy in town so i dont know alot of 4x4 places. So am reaching for you guys in So Cal. I want to get a lift to fit 285/75/16 tires without any rubbing ( 3" is enough?). I am person that would go offroad in the desert area. So i would like to know what is the best lift that i could get and what is the parts that i should change. Also if you guys go direct me to a good place that i got get a lift for a reasonable price. Finally what is the price for the lift and parts i ill have to install. Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
youll get this alot..but...SEARCH. so you dont get flamed so hard

but theres lots of desert in socal so it depends on what you like. johnson valley,ocotillo wells,el mirage,dumont ,glamis. ect.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badmoonrising said:
youll get this alot..but...SEARCH. so you dont get flamed so hard

but theres lots of desert in socal so it depends on what you like. johnson valley,ocotillo wells,el mirage,dumont ,glamis. ect.
I did search sir. but i didnt find a clear answer for what am lookin for.. Glamis and Dumont is what i most head too. Thank you very much for stoppin by though

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
If you are lookn' for Desert stuff... You'll prolly want an LT kit.. 3" will prolly be about right for suspension.. if you plan on Jumpn... I would not get a BodyLift!!

By yer avitar... looks like you have a 4Runner... is it 2 or 4WD? that will also depend on how much lift you can get...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Animal said:
If you are lookn' for Desert stuff... You'll prolly want an LT kit.. 3" will prolly be about right for suspension.. if you plan on Jumpn... I would not get a BodyLift!!

By yer avitar... looks like you have a 4Runner... is it 2 or 4WD? that will also depend on how much lift you can get...
avitar its a V6 Land cruiser from back home. I have an 06 Taco 4x4, not a big fan of jumpn. If you could name brands of the stuff i could get and lil bit of price i would be thankfull sir.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
3jooom said:
avitar its a V6 Land cruiser from back home. I have an 06 Taco 4x4, not a big fan of jumpn. If you could name brands of the stuff i could get and lil bit of price i would be thankfull sir.
Since you have 4x.. the limit with the front lift is at 2.5"!! and since you said that you will not be jumpn'.. a 1" BL will help for the Bigger tires...

For the Front Suspension you can get some good CoilOvers:
Donahoe, SAW's, Downey, Kings, etc. etc... Everyone here is pretty partial to Extended Donahoe's... they are the same price as the regular ones!
Prince Ranging from $700-$1000
Rear Suspension:
Deaver 8's are pretty good with Bilstien's 5100 Series shocks or ALCAN Springs..
Price Ranging from $300-$500 depending on the setup you go with..

Body Lifts..
Roger Brown has a nice selection http://www.4crawler.com/... Daystar... etc.. etc.. I wouldn't go any higher than 1"
Price Range: $100~$200

Thas a good start for now!! As you look around and read peoples sig's.... you'll get an idea of what to look for.. and you can PM users to see what they think of the product!!
This website is full of people who are willing to help eachother out!!!

Here's a link to the stuff that I did on my truck a while ago!!
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41405&highlight=additions

Hope this helps ya out..

Check the Sponsor's Link to check out prices and different vendors!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am not a big fan of the body lift myself and would stay away from them for the desert (just my opion), since you like the desert stuff a lot of the guys in the desert section will have many solutions for you. It all depends on how much you want to spend, Donahoe has a lot of nice set ups for the dersert fan, but if you wan to spend more money you can look up toatal chaos (chaosfab.com) or camburg, they make many products from just the uca's (upper control arms) to awesome full out bolt-on long travel kits. Total chaos has a long travel kit thats been out for the 05 and up tacomas for while now.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys for all the info. The Taco is gonna be my daily use so am not gonna take somthing extreme. something that would be good for off-road and on-road.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
3jooom said:
Thank you guys for all the info. The Taco is gonna be my daily use so am not gonna take somthing extreme. something that would be good for off-road and on-road.
Hey... a lot of us here use our OffRoad trucks for Daily Driving... So... I like comfort and quality for on and offroad... I didn't think that I would have done to my truck what it is now... but here I am.. and I still wanna add more goodies!!! :D

Don't worry.. You'll get the bug too!! You can't just have enough!! :saw:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
3jooom said:
hey all
I am a new guy in town so i dont know alot of 4x4 places. So am reaching for you guys in So Cal. I want to get a lift to fit 285/75/16 tires without any rubbing ( 3" is enough?). I am person that would go offroad in the desert area. So i would like to know what is the best lift that i could get and what is the parts that i should change. Also if you guys go direct me to a good place that i got get a lift for a reasonable price. Finally what is the price for the lift and parts i ill have to install. Thank you very much in advance.
I have that size (BFG muds) on 2 1/2" supension W/1" BL and Im getting close to getting them to fit... But unless I do some :saw: and :welder:... I think I may still have a little rub on full compression... You need to do the pinch weld mod fo' sho'... The BFH is your friend... ;)... Metal is yer enemy... :D... (oh and a little plastic trimming will be on yer list as well)

Go for it... No guts... No glory... :p

Oh and with those tires... You will need 4" back spaced wheels... or you'll rub the frame alot... I just barely rub the frame at full lock using the Wheeler Type "b"s... Which are 4" BS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts