TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So California Trails??

I'm moving to Yuma, Az at the end of this week beginning of next. I'll be about a 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. away from San Deigo and Phoenix. I was wondering if anyone in So Cal. knows of any good trails that a stock 4runner could wheel.

If these needs to be moved to off-topic then do so and feel free to flame for putting in the wrong folder if that is the case.:D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! :D
I had a feeling I put it in the wrong folder. Hence, why I said move it to the correct folder.

·
Registered
215 Posts
there some trails out in ocotillo wells in the anza borrego desert...well we followed what we thought was a trail...i dont know what it actually was...but i think we were real close to the border so turned back...

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
ocotillo wells is not close to the border, that would be ocotillo:D

there is lots of stuff to wheel out here...in the winter. for summer its coastal baja:D

post up when you are ready, or look for TBH trip threads. I allways post them up but noone ever comes:confused::D:p
Mike

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
I'm moving to Yuma, Az at the end of this week beginning of next. I'll be about a 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. away from San Deigo and Phoenix. I was wondering if anyone in So Cal. knows of any good trails that a stock 4runner could wheel.
There are a few places to go between the Chocolate Mountains in California and the Colorado River. Black Mountain is a little bit harder trail out on the east side of the Chocolates (with some decent climbs). The east end of that is a pole line road more or less with a number of off shoots but it ends more or less and Indian Pass Trail. Indian Pass Trail will take you from there to the River, easy trail with great views through Picacho State Recreation Area. There are a couiple of places to picnic and even swim (cold). Cibola National Wildlife Refuge has a trail or two that are easy and parallel the river north of Yuma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts