TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has had what? Don't mean vehicle related. But does it mean with age your body has more aches & pains or surgeries?

Have had a lot of time thinking about mortality today sitting here laid up after my shoulder surgery yesterday.

So w/o divulging more personal information than you want how many operations has everyone had? Does age mean more surgeries or trips to the doctor?

My younger days meant me being tough on my own body! Between being a daredevil on my bicycles and being too competitive playing sports, my body is wrecked! Two back surgeries, and now a shoulder surgery I am up to four surgeries. Not to mention untold numbers of stitches and broken bones.

Doctors told me recently that all my arthritis is just beginning, every broken bone and sprain ligament will result in more. Yeh! I can't wait, hell it's already fun TRYING to get moving in the mornings.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
20 years old and both my knees are fucked up and I've had shoulder surgery

Tapatalk

·
4,068 Posts
Not me per say. Ok besides the High blood pressure and broken bones, sore knees.

But my dad is just 60 and has had double knee replacement, foot drop, detached bicept tendon, and has back surgery next week.

Hope your recovery goes well!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark.

I am sure your dad has been well briefed by his doctors and back surgery has advanced by leaps and bounds, but tell him to do everything the doctors tell him to and to rest as much as possible (recovery period) afterwards.

I actually was working a week out from my first back operation & wish I hadn't. In fact my doctors tolde it could/would take over a year to completely heal...in my case it was more like 10 years before I felt normal. In reality though it will never be normal I only live with three more herniated disc (to date) plus the arthritis making getting up a lot of fun each
Morning!

Butkus I said there has been a lot of advancements in the field. Your dad will be fine. I wish him well.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know you are getting old when they TRY to make a musical out of the music you grew up with!

Just watched "rock of ages" that the wife & girls rented and I now feel nautious over how bad all my "classic rock" songs were butchered!

·
4,068 Posts
You know you are getting old when they TRY to make a musical out of the music you grew up with!

Just watched "rock of ages" that the wife & girls rented and I now feel nautious over how bad all my "classic rock" songs were butchered!
Never seen it but I can only imagine.

Btw my dad's surgery is today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
NwiTACO
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing