TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i realized this night that you should try to never react on reactionary terms when your drunk. i was antagonizing my friends girlfriend tonight while playing beer pong and ended up with a foot in my jaw ( deserved ) so in automatic reaction, i retaliated almost beat the crap out of her, if it wasnt for her boyfriend who also retaliated against me, and her room mate who attempted to choke me out, i prolly would have, but about two seconds after i grabbed her boy friends throat and latched on and her roommate strapped his arm around my throat and commenced restraining me i realized im the dumbass here and not every one else, and i should prollly give up, and im glad i did otherwise a few people might have ended up hurt. all in all being drunk and acting on instinct usually isnt a good idear. and i really feel like a dumbass and i really really feel bad about it ...

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
LOL...dude...you will all look back on this in years to come and laugh about it. "Hey, remember that time you went apeshit playing beer pong?" :lmao:

Is everybody else ok? And you should probably be saying all this to them, not us :p.

-Sean

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh trust me i appologized but i just wanted to tell everyone

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Just outta curiosity, were you only drinking beer?
I love crown but stopped drinking it because it was always a roll of the dice how I was going to act once I got drunk. I have a couple friends that get more aggressive when they drink whiskey.

LOL...dude...you will all look back on this in years to come and laugh about it. "Hey, remember that time you went apeshit playing beer pong?" :lmao:
Doubt it. I've been in similar situation(s) and thinking back, I still don't think it's funny.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Just outta curiosity, were you only drinking beer?
I love crown but stopped drinking it because it was always a roll of the dice how I was going to act once I got drunk. I have a couple friends that get more aggressive when they drink whiskey.
x2 - I had a friend who was always a TOTAL asshole when drunk on Jack ... he was funny when drunk on anything else...

But seriously, this may be a sign that you need to evaluate your life choices and whether you should be drinking at all ...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
te-kill-ya.....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
x2 on the evaluation of life choices. Years ago, during the high school days I got really drunk as well, and acted like a damn fool. While I didn't physically assault anyone or break any laws other than underage drinking. I acted like a complete idiot and got reminded of it for a long time afterwards. Fortunately I didn't hurt anyone or lose any friends over it, but it made me realize I needed to slow down or the outcome wasn't going to be so pleasant. Working in Fire/Ems and now in Law enforcement, i've seen several situations where the outcome was traggic, everything from Domestic violence situations where some drunkin dousche bag beat his wife to the point she couldn't walk, to a drunkin motorcycle accident where the body wasn't able to be identified on scene (happened to be my little sisters music teacher). Alchohol is no joke and i've seen good people ruin their lives because of it. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah ive only got 4 months till my 21st, and i think that drinking every night is a little over the top right now i need to slow down, and deff. no more te-kill-ya, turns me into an angery hair trigger drunk, although whiskey just makes me super happy...

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I hope you figure out where you stand with alcohol. I figured out it was like a bad friend to me. It is amazing to me how much better my life is without it. I wish I had figured it out before I hurt so many people, did so many wrongs, and ripped Mollys fender off.;) :D Seriously though. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I never drank that much until I was out on my own. I will never ever drink like that again. I got my ass beat, I beat some ass, but never ended up in the pokey, came close though.

Drinking is a privilege not a right, you have to drink RESPONSIBLY, peer pressure is a bitch and you have to be above it. I know how some friends girl friend can be, heads but and tempers flare but he's the one getting some and he's the one that has to deal with an attitude problem NOT YOU drunk or not.

If she kicked you in the head that's not cool and you could be pissed about it but it doesn't mean get all incredible hulk on her ass. Stop drinking, then and there, calm down, and if you have to, go outside and cool off. Removing yourself from the situation is the BEST way to cool down and reevaluate it. You can stop hanging out with that particular friend and his girlfriend. Maybe he will get the point, that way you still have the friend. Right now you don't have the friend and you have an embarrassing drunken moment over your head that they wont forget for a long time.

Good luck with the friend thing hope all is well. You still have friends here who are a little more responsible than your average person. They show it every time we go wheeling. I am proud to call COTTORA my friend.

So, if you find yourself in a peer pressure pinch (beer pong till you pass out), think of what COTTORA would do. BEFORE YOU TAKE A DRINK.

Here's to being sober (most of the time)
Kevin

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
poorboy- iwe all "kissed and madeup" about 5 mins afterwards were a tight group of friends most i have known for like 4 years, and usually, we get into wreastling matches just for shiggles and gits, but we will always be friends very forgiving group

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
It changed colors over night when I came to clean the puke out of Ron. I don't remember it happening.:dunno:
LMAO! Kyle that was the day the guys changed my fenders for me. You never jacked Tippy up!

But yeah you are a different guy without the juice and a joy to be around for sure (Not that you were so bad all liqured up ya know??)

For reference. Stay away from the Bionic Beaver all!! :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
...All this is why I rarely drink heavily anymore. The younger you get it out of your system & learn those lessons, the better off you'll be. Awkward part is we can all expound upon the e-vils of drink, but if you don't want to do anything about it yourself, all our nagging won't do shit.

So if you sorted it out before you're 21, you're in good shape :kewl:. Usually that requires a trip outside the US...I did all my stupid stuff before I was 21 too...can now count on one hand times I've been really blitzed since then.

Not that I don't drink, just that I don't drink heavy.

-Sean

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
16 Participants
devinsixtyseven
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing