TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL came on for the first time ever after 115k mi and after having autozone test it determined that Bank ! was running lean. After reading lots of posts on the subject and followed the advice as given.
Ok so i checked my MAF and it is spotless. Sprayed a entire can of starter fluid around everything trying to find a vacuum leak...nothing. Pulled the pcv valve and it was a bit dirty but had plenty of vacuum. The hose was starting to crack a bit at the ends so i decided to replace the hose. On the drive to autozone it felt like I had regained the throttle response that I was missing in the lower rpm's so i bought and replaced the hose and pulled the EFI. No more check engine light after a few drives.

Now the problem I am noticing is that when i push the gas from a dead idle it feels like it wants to stall before it starts to accelerate. Could this be from a different type of hose? At autozone they gave me "Goodyear 50psi fuel/emmission sae 30r7". It is not as stiff as the stock hose (insert inuendo here ;) ) There is deffinately a signifigant lag but fine after 1/4sec.

Any ideas anyone :confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the insight. It was cleaned like 3 months ago. "Ok so i checked my MAF and it is spotless" Your skills in reading comprehension have solved all my problems.
Thanx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts