TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time again people....we need to get back out there and enjoy some of the best trails Utah has to offer. We didn't spend all our hard earned cash and every Friday and Saturday to build these trucks (you know who you are) only to drive them to work and back. Hell.... some of you don't even drive your off-road vehicles to work, they just sit in your garage mocking you....again you know who you are. So I'm extending an offer for change....if not excepted we may banish you to tacoma world and you can focus on blacking out your headlights. Well that may be a bit extreme but you get the gist...

So here's the plan, we leave Thursday oct 23 afternoon or evening and head to Sand hollow state park just outside of St George Utah. We will camp in that area, most likely the state park around the reservoir. Saturday will be spent wheeling Sand hollow, for more info on the area see winterontherocks.com. We will most likely be doing milts mile and the west rim. These are fun trails but not too technical for our vehicles. Most obstacles have bypasses as well. Depending on the length of our day we may camp here again or move on to our next destination. Saturday we will be wheeling Hog canyon just outside of Kanab. This is one of my favorite areas to wheel. Hope fully this time we won't have anyone flying around with a one hand hold on the outside of an 80 series....Saturday night we will camp some where over by coral pink sand dunes. This is where we would camp if we decide to leave sand hollow on Friday. Sunday we will wheel the barracks trail and head home. Hopefully we will
get some great action photography again as charley drives through the water....

Some requirements!!!
Skid plates-preferably not factory, sliders, and 32-33" off-road tires, CB and or ham, a flag for your vehicle, and a pair of balls....

Some recommendations....
At least one locker. Id be amendable to having a few trucks with open diffs as we would be able to get you over most obstacles with a tug but I don't want to spend all day do this. When I did milts mile an open diff almost stock YJ made it though without any or much assistance.

Of course you will need all the other stuff needed for camping. One of our attendees will be pulling his Jeep (I know, I know, but he is a honorary TtOra member and when he is sleeping we are going to replace the jeep badges with Toyota ones) with his camper. So if others are into more luxurious camping as well please join us. However, his camper is on a 4x4 dually so we will be getting off the paved path for sure.

So post up and let's make this happen!!

1.sngltrak (Steve, Michael, Grace, Emma)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Alas, that weekend is booked for Boy Scout activities with my son's troop.

That sounds like kind of a coincidence, but with my middle son working on his Eagle project this fall, it's pretty hard for me to find a weekend that's NOT somehow associated with scouting this season.

Anyhow, have fun!

-SteveH

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alright fellas, I'm giving you a solid maybe on this one! Either way I will have tires within the next few days so that's a plus!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Jim!! So your saying there's a chance....

Thanks for response Steve...I will keep you posted on any other trips we plan...

John....so far this looks very similar to out last trip....just the two of us, with a definite maybe from Jim.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with the Tacoma world comment....I shouldn't have called them out as there are a few people on there locally that wheel....oh well, screwem if they can't take a joke!!

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
You know I'm going if I have the truck put together by then.
:welder: it never ever ends

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I think we have myself, John and Nichole leaving Thursday and Jim joining us early Friday AM. If that is easier for others to come out Friday, it won't be a problem to find us. Sand hollow is only about 2hrs from Vegas.

If someone wants to post this in the FJ forum that might get us another taker or two....

·
Registered
18 Posts
So you're camping by the lake Thursday night? I'll try to leave here at 6:30 on Friday morning. I've only been up there once but it was exactly 2 hours door to shore ha ha.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes sir....camping at Sand hollow. We will look
for you around 8:30 or so. We will probably around the back side in the dispersed camping area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
sngltrak1
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing