TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
TuRD03 said:
Just wondering if its worth shelling out the cash for? What kind of mpg increase did u see?
Highly debated topic on the old forum.. I believe there was not an increase when a camper shell, tonneau, or tailgate left down. If you put a piece of trash in your bed, does it fly out? no, it stays in there for the most part. there is a pressure bubble of some sort that forms from the air coming off the top of the cab, and putting a tonneau cover or leave the tailgate down actually messes that up, and decreases mpg. I'm sure if you did a good search on the old forum you'd get a better answer than that. I think the majority of the info was on the (now dead) ttora-ne.com site...

fuel usage is directly related to rpm, or something like that.. Keep the rpms low, and you'll get better mpg...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dude, get a tonneau just because it functions like a big ass trunk. Thats what I did and I love it!!

·
Registered
951 Posts
it is a mental thing....if you uild it he will come...believe you will get better MPG and it will be so...

Boheefus

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have one, but mileage hasn't changed. I mainly got it cause like said before it's like a big trunk. Also cheaper that a cap.

·
Registered
207 Posts
is the tonneau the soft or hard?? soft right?? i'm just asking, um, for the people who, um, might not know???

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Gad said:
is the tonneau the soft or hard?? soft right?? i'm just asking, um, for the people who, um, might not know???
It can be both. Hard made from Fiberglass and painted to match the truck, or cavas that snaps on with buttons to the bed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts