TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys!

I'm pretty sure I'm going LT on my 06 Dc Taco. When it comes to the front glass, Im not sure who I want to install them. Is there anybody in SoCal that can recommend a killer installer, somebody that takes there time and prides themselves in their work? I want my shit lined up the best it can be. Who do you guys recommend??!

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
913 Posts
DMZ did mine. And I brought them painted. Demello jacked up RYGUYs up so bad he had to buy another set. I've seen some where you can run your finger down between the hood and fender.
My wife didn't even know that I had glass on the truck for like a month. So I'd go with the DMZ. If you want your stuff to look propa.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I might have a little experience...

Call up DMZ, Blitzkrieg, Castle Fab, or Camburg. I did my own though, twice ;)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
dang tweeter your truck is blinging in a blacked out sort of way:D

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
miguelitro said:
dang tweeter your truck is blinging in a blacked out sort of way:D
I just washed it! Trust me it's a lot more scratched than you think.

Where you located? That might help narrow down your choices...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in mission viejo.........i have never tried it..I'm sure it cant be that bad...Im somewhat handy with tools, but i would hate to fuk them up, and be out the cash...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
wont tell you directly. But if they arent busy... they might ;) ;) I can neither CONFIRM nor deny if they install them there. I DONT KNOW if it costs $75.00 per fender. I DONT know if they do or not, but make sure you ASK THEM!! hahaha.. AM I CLEAR?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ryguy said:
wont tell you directly. But if they arent busy... they might ;) ;) I can neither CONFIRM nor deny if they install them there. I DONT KNOW if it costs $75.00 per fender. I DONT know if they do or not, but make sure you ASK THEM!! hahaha.. AM I CLEAR?

we are... ;)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
if you talk to guy that works at glassworks that drives the tacoma he will install it for during the weekend i dunno how much he will charge i installed mine myself

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm in the same boat as genrec. The glass I have is used and a little warped so the corners don't fit right and I want it to looks as clean as possible. Basically, the glass is only warped where the corners fit in and I have no experience (or time) to try and fix it. Are any of the above mentioned shops gonna charge me an arm and a leg to set the corners in and fix my glass? (they are painted, but it'll need to be redone because white is a whore to match right)

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
genrec said:
I'm in mission viejo.........i have never tried it..I'm sure it cant be that bad...Im somewhat handy with tools, but i would hate to fuk them up, and be out the cash...
Oh I'm in Lake Forest, I pass through there cause I go to Saddleback. Well if Adam or Glassworks can't do it and you want to try it on your own let me know I might be able to help even though it's an '05. It's easy just time consuming and tedious haha.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I spoke with Tim today..owner at Glassworks, nice guy, he will install it for me if I wish.......so I figure why not let the desinger of the peice do it!

Thanks for all the words guys...Thanks tweeter for the offer, I am actually in Lake Forest too! I live above the Oakley factory.

What about painting them, you guys know a good place, down here in Lake Forest/Mission Viejo area?

Paece!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
genrec said:
I spoke with Tim today..owner at Glassworks, nice guy, he will install it for me if I wish.......so I figure why not let the desinger of the peice do it!

Thanks for all the words guys...Thanks tweeter for the offer, I am actually in Lake Forest too! I live above the Oakley factory.

What about painting them, you guys know a good place, down here in Lake Forest/Mission Viejo area?

Paece!
Ahhh towards Portola, high roller LOL.

I painted mine myself. Check out the thread Green Taco started in the Race Rig Build-Up folder, there's some good info in there!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts