TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, great run today. A small group of 5 was nice. Sorry I held everybody up all day long. I was glad to test my skills on the some of the toughest spots I have yet to see. I hope the other half had a good time on the second half of the run, hitting Bronco, not like the Ford Bronco that we all slammed into. Thanks for the tug Steph. See you guys at Cleghorn. Here are some pictures: http://family.webshots.com/album/559106922NWwQfb

·
Registered
609 Posts
Kelly, you'd be very happy you skipped Bronco. We got through it in ~4.5 hours but it was a little bit of work to do it. I would imagine the FJs would have had much more trouble with the shorter wheelbase.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to mention I forgot to tighten my lugs after I swapped the tire, I bet that would have been even harder if I 3 wheeled it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Kelly, you'd be very happy you skipped Bronco. We got through it in ~4.5 hours but it was a little bit of work to do it. I would imagine the FJs would have had much more trouble with the shorter wheelbase.
Would have been interesting in the short wheelbase and wider vehicle. It should have only taken us 3 hours...but i was there. :)

I will try to actually post my pics today or tomorrow. (unusual for me)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After seeing the pictures, I am really glad I missed the second half.

By the way, I figured out why it is called Corral Canyon. It isn't coral canyon, like we have been pronouncing it, it is like a horse corral. So it fits is with all the other names out there like gun slinger and bronco, all the Western references

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Yup, we had a good, small group with us. It was great to get everyone through the tough parts. I have a few pics as well

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r101/Darwalk/Corral Canyon 07/
Would have been interesting in the short wheelbase and wider vehicle. It should have only taken us 3 hours...but i was there. :)
How would you guys rate Bronco Peak? I need to get down there and run those trails in the 85...

·
Registered
967 Posts
How would you guys rate Bronco Peak? I need to get down there and run those trails in the 85...
I think i would rate it a 4 out of 5 so it would be fun in the 85. Sidewinder and Bronco are short trails and you would probably breeze through most of it. You would want to run both of them backwards to make it more of a challenge.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I think i would rate it a 4 out of 5 so it would be fun in the 85. Sidewinder and Bronco are short trails and you would probably breeze through most of it. You would want to run both of them backwards to make it more of a challenge.
I ran sidewinder two years ago, it was fun! Bronco Peak was closed at the time :(

I Think I remember a couple other 'difficult' trails out there, but never ran them due to time.

Bronco peak sounds fun. Would you rate it harder than anything found in BB or comparable? I'm trying to figure out where I want to go for a day run after we get Taylor and my rigs done. Problem being... its getting hot out there! If you guys did it in 4.5 hrs with IFS and 33's I can probably hammer it out in two hours, Sidewinder shouldn't take more than an hour.

My thoughts have been Corral Canyon and hit all the trails, Devils Canyon out off the 8, The hammers (wouldn't be a day run) and Big Bear. Big Bear being a walk in the park, yet the most pleasant weather.

pfft... no time to wheel! I hate this shit.

How's the baby?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks like you boys had fun. Looking forward to the next run out there as I've never done any trails in CC.

How silty was it anyway?

·
Registered
539 Posts
...Devils Canyon out off the 8...
I heard BLM closed this one. Kinda bummed as I've only watched others wheel this nasty 5+ but hoped someday to wheel it myself. Anybody have mroe info on this?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I heard BLM closed this one. Kinda bummed as I've only watched others wheel this nasty 5+ but hoped someday to wheel it myself. Anybody have mroe info on this?
Quick search on the BLM website has nothing on it... is it in their jurisdiction?

I hope it isn't closed again... it would have been open for a couple months if that was the case. It looked like a blast to drive.
I don't know why they would close it... only the BUILT rigs would be able to drive it. Unless some dumbfuck dumped trash or left a vehicle on the trail.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Looks like you boys had fun. Looking forward to the next run out there as I've never done any trails in CC.

How silty was it anyway?
Depending on where Taylor and myself go... you are welcome to come with us. We want to keep it a small group so we can move fast, screw around... etc. We tend to run at a pretty quick pace through stuff... so you'll have fun.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
ooo ooo... if you guys go during the weekday... Can I come? :eek:

I may slow you down a bit...:p
Sure. I'm just going to set the limit now. one more person. :) Though if we go to the Hammers/Devils Canyon... I doubt anyone else will come. I would never suggest taking an IFS rig out there, unless you are running the easy trails... which are probably harder than BB, and then some. 35's are the smallest I would ever dream about running. My 37's are too small sometimes. There are some big damn rocks out there!

You won't slow us down... I'll put you in front of me... your tailgate will loose against the bumper. You'll move pretty fast... you might surprise yourself. :eek: Bring a couple changes of pants.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
No sure I would go through the Hammer with my setup!! I wouldn't even get through the first 10ft....

When do you think this might happen? I have some stuff comming up this week... but after that... i should be good!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts