TTORA Forum banner

SoCal Death Valley trip 2007

5K views 87 replies 17 participants last post by  MikeAWood 
#1 ·
We are planning the final pieces to our DV trip. The trip will be on the 17th-18th of March weekend. We will be heading out on Friday, the 16th in the afternoon, and staying the night in Ridgecrest. We will be meeting at Dennys between 7:30 and 8:00 on Saturday morning, and doing the Slate Range Trail, Goler Wash, Mengel Pass, and Butte Valley. It will be cold Sat night, so bring the warm stuff!! Also, there are NO CAMPFIRES, so bring a lantern, or flashlights!

#2 ·
We are there. Anymore info on this run? What type of trails are they? Any special recomendations as far as equipment? Are you going to be there? Being that u are the Socal Prez. Oh yeah by the way........ HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARREN!!!!!!!!!

#3 · (Edited)
johnnywerks said:
We are there. Anymore info on this run? What type of trails are they? Any special recomendations as far as equipment? Are you going to be there? Being that u are the Socal Prez. Oh yeah by the way........ HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARREN!!!!!!!!!
Mike is putting the finals together for the run. Easy run, just ALOT of driving. 2wd will make it with some help possibly, but 4wd is recommended. Lotsa scenery, and history. Bring what you normally bring on an overnight run, and THANKS JUAN!!!!!

#6 ·
rubberpants said:
Mike is putting the finals together for the run. Easy run, just ALOT of driving. 2wd will make it. Lotsa scenery, and history. Bring what you normally bring on an overnight run, and THANKS JUAN!!!!!
Sweeet Ill be wheeling the RUNNER then. Sounds like fun.

#7 ·
johnnywerks said:
Sweeet Ill be wheeling the RUNNER then. Sounds like fun.
Cool. The Runner is better looking than your pile anyways. As for me, I will be chauferred around in my buddies new FJ. Now that I think of it, I haven't really wheeled my truck since Big Bear last year! Cause the easy run in Anza doesn't count :D

#8 ·
Gee Thanks, put your right, I keep asking her to trade trucks with me, but she wont! Even though I built that truck thus far for her, but then again she looks hot driving it.

#11 ·
Ok kiddies, here is the official info! Unless I missed something and need to add a few more details. We really don't want this to be a big run! If you are planning on coming, please be sure to let Darrin or I know beforehand. We would like to keep this to no more than 15 vehicles due to the long distances and the limitations of passing on the trail.

http://www.ttora-socal.com/index.ph...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=24&MMN_position=42:41

See you in Ridgecrest on Saturday!

#12 ·
MikeAWood said:
Ok kiddies, here is the official info! Unless I missed something and need to add a few more details. We really don't want this to be a big run! If you are planning on coming, please be sure to let Darrin or I know beforehand. We would like to keep this to no more than 15 vehicles due to the long distances and the limitations of passing on the trail.

http://www.ttora-socal.com/index.ph...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=24&MMN_position=42:41

See you in Ridgecrest on Saturday!
Mike..........you complete me...;)

#14 ·
Ryan and I are both in. We would like to offer our guest bed and couch (or floor in a sleeping bag) to anyone who'd like to save on a motel here in Ridgecrest Friday night.
---Jen.

#15 ·
i'm in

rubberpants said:
Mike..........you complete me...;)
lol darren wood. :rofl:

#17 ·
Anurati said:
Ryan and I are both in. We would like to offer our guest bed and couch (or floor in a sleeping bag) to anyone who'd like to save on a motel here in Ridgecrest Friday night.
---Jen.
Hey Jen, good to see you are going. It is a far drive for you :p Mike is driving up that afternoon late, but I am coming up with the kungfooo guy and probably pulling in around 4-5ish. Want to do dinner that night? I was also told to eat at Kristies in the morning, not Dennys. We might change the meeting place......Thanks for the bed offer too. I might take you up on that.

#18 ·
Sounds good. Kristy's does have good food - We've only gone there for dinner so we'll have to check out the breakfast this weekend. The only down fall I see about switching is that Kristy's parking lot is much smaller than Denny's. I'll PM you our phone and address if you'd like to get together or stay with us.

#19 ·
Anurati said:
Sounds good. Kristy's does have good food - We've only gone there for dinner so we'll have to check out the breakfast this weekend. The only down fall I see about switching is that Kristy's parking lot is much smaller than Denny's. I'll PM you our phone and address if you'd like to get together or stay with us.
Sounds good. I think we are only expecting 10 trucks at most, so we should be good...

#22 ·
Padding aside -I'm willing to bet my carpet has less biologicals than any no-tell 6 bed-spread :jack: :eek: (untill you leave anyway)

The floor will be a last resort if the guest bed and couch are filled. No one has officially "claimed" them yet. But if you'd rather sleep on the floor...hey, I'm not here to judge. :xcrazy:

#24 ·
Anurati said:
---Jen.
i think i may take you up on that offer. my mom and dad are going and my mom dosen't do the tenting thing so well. i'll pm you.

just to let mike and darren know i'll have three ppl with me

#25 ·
Not trying to steal your fire on this trip, Darren, but I though that I would put out there that YotaTech will be in the area from the 16th-20th so you may run into us out there.

Just saying. Otherwise steer clear :D

#26 ·
Tanto said:
Not trying to steal your fire on this trip, Darren, but I though that I would put out there that YotaTech will be in the area from the 16th-20th so you may run into us out there.

Just saying. Otherwise steer clear :D
No problem at all. We are trying to keep our group kinda small, but running into you guys will be cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.