TTORA Forum banner

Do you want to bring in the New Year SoCal TTORA style?

• I'll be there! Where's the info?!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
JT National Park? Do you mean just the JT area or are you thinking of actually camping in the park? I think there are going to be a lot more regulations camping within the park.

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
Yeah Gary, the National Park for a big party would be an error. Joshua Tree is full of more rules than just about anyplace.
Up there by the town of Joshua Tree is where to go, and a more or less TTORA event for New Years is not new, we did it in 2005, the usual old gang, even some folks for Northern California and all that http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20633&highlight=Joshua+Tree
If I remember right, in the day, late afternoon the wind tore through there, took out some tents and EZ-Ups. Other than that it was all very nice and fun.
I miss when the old gang got together . . . well but for one or two, haaahahahaaaaaaaa.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Yeah Gary, the National Park for a big party would be an error. Joshua Tree is full of more rules than just about anyplace.
Up there by the town of Joshua Tree is where to go, and a more or less TTORA event for New Years is not new, we did it in 2005, the usual old gang, even some folks for Northern California and all that http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20633&highlight=Joshua+Tree
If I remember right, in the day, late afternoon the wind tore through there, took out some tents and EZ-Ups. Other than that it was all very nice and fun.
I miss when the old gang got together . . . well but for one or two, haaahahahaaaaaaaa.
Yeah, i miss you too. :xmoon:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Can I be #1 on yer # 2 list ? :flipoff1:

thanks pal :kewl:

lost a good tent that day :(

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
lost a good tent that day :(
It must not have been that good of a tent it is was ruined by a little wind. I know of others that stood up to it fine.

You were not part of the "old gang" and I am surprised you were there at all since I remember having fun.

·
Registered
967 Posts
It must not have been that good of a tent it is was ruined by a little wind. I know of others that stood up to it fine.

You were not part of the "old gang" and I am surprised you were there at all since I remember having fun.
:bitchslap

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
:bitchslap
Ha ha! And, here I thought I was displaying great restraint.
Anyway, let this thread return to planning for New Years Eve! I might even show up and say hi, but not in the Park. Tyler, I am sure, has all the information for the usual JT location (and the areas to run) if you all decide to run over there. I am sure I have it around someplace if needed. I know I have the contact for the porta-pottie guy that was used even.
The key to a nice night out there is a huge, huge pile of wood for the fire (or fires – sand hill).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts