TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As everybody already knows the rains have been causing bad mudslides everywhere. The worst mudslide here in the Ventura Co area is in La Conchita (News Link), right along the 101 freeway.

As of right now, the 101 freeway is CLOSED between Ventura and Santa Barbara. Currently, the closure is slated to remain through Saturday. That means anybody trying to get to Pismo from Los Angeles cannot get through on the 101. Here is your ONLY alternate:

I-5 North
Exit Hwy 46 west
Follow Hwy 46 to Paso Robles
Exit Hwy 101 south
Follow Hwy 101 to Grand Ave (Pismo Beach)

Many people use Hwy 166 from I-5 to Santa Maria as an alternate route. This road is also CLOSED due to mudslides. This road is not expected to be open any earlier then Hwy 101. That means you have to go all the way up to Hwy 46 to cut over to the 101.

Good luck to anyone going, the drive is not going to be friendly by any means. Check the news on Sunday before you leave and maybe the 101 will be open by the time you leave.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
well that just sucks. It would take us atleast 7 hours now. I hope the news or caltrans changes their finish time.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE - I heard from a local member that Hwy 166 between I-5 and Santa Maria is open. This route is a much more reasonable way around. Traffic will probably be moderate, but it sure beats driving all the way up to Paso Robles.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I just saw the news and it said that the 101 is slated to reopen friday given Caltrans says it's safe. So that is sweet music to the ears!!

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I am coming up with Garry Hill and another friend. We are meeting in Camarillo if the 101 opens. We are leaving around 330 or so from north San Diego, so I can't tell you when we will actually get to Camarillo.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm in Woodland Hills, which is right on the way if you want to hook up with me and head out whenever you get up here from SD....give me a call if you want 818-577-0395

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I will give you a call when we get to the 405 101 interchange to see where you are at. Garry and I are carrying trailers so we won't be haulin ass, just trailers

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
as far as i know, the 101 is still closed as of today (thursday). i took 5 north to 166 west. 166 was open again and connects back to the 101 in santa maria...it was about 45 miles/1 hour longer than 5 north to 101...not too bad at all and that was through early morning fog. anyone who was planning on comming up still should, it's only an extra hour and it will be well worth it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ted and I are gonna try to get outta town around 2 or 3, so just give a call and we'll all hook up at some point if we are close....It looks like 5 to 166 to 101 right now, but I'm still trying to find a confirmation on 101 for this afternoon....

·
Rock Vapor
170 Posts
CalTrans said:
US 101
[LOS ANGELES & VENTURA CO.'S]
NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.

[CENTRAL COAST]
IS REOPENED AT THE VENTURA/SANTA BARBARA CO LINE AT 1030 HRS ON 1/14/05

[SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA]
NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.
WooHoo!!!

Let it roll baby!!!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
awesome...wish they would have opened it a few hours earlier when i would have been passing through. does anyone know if the 154 is open yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts